Sled decks on Mega Cabs

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at a new to me truck, a '10 mega cab SWR 3500 Cummins. Anyone tried to put a sled deck on one? Is there a special one (like 5ver hitches)? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks guys....:)

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Box size is no different than crew cab short box. So any deck that fits a short box would be good to go.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't the boxes smaller on the old mega cabs ? Should not be an issue as long as you are not pulling a trailer ?
Good thing it's a 3500 as. 2500 Are pretty much useless a deck with 2 sleds,gear and 2 people would pretty much put them over legal payload

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't the boxes smaller on the old mega cabs ? Should not be an issue as long as you are not pulling a trailer ?
Good thing it's a 3500 as. 2500 Are pretty much useless a deck with 2 sleds,gear and 2 people would pretty much put them over legal payload

They just look smaller! Mine is 6.5

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely look smaller due to the longer cab, but it is (and always has been) the same size box.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
I have a 2500 mega I put two sleds and gear and people in it every weekend haven't had one problem yet airbags and removed the decals you would never no it's not a 3500 and went on scale still have wieght to spare, I have a cross trax I had it on my 06 and now it's on my 2011 same size box.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your trailer a pull behind or 5th wheel James? You may have to install a different type of hitch in order to extend your tongue. I am looking to do that on mine as it is a long box but I have punched holes on both sides of my trailer when I am carrying two quads, I have the duct tape to prove it.

farmboy020

Reaction score
i put a 8 ft x deck on my 2010 megacab and it fits perfect the only issue I had was when drilling my holes to mount the deck all four bolts end up going into cross members under the box. you should have no problems making it fit what so ever

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2500 mega I put two sleds and gear and people in it every weekend haven't had one problem yet airbags and removed the decals you would never no it's not a 3500 and went on scale still have wieght to spare, I have a cross trax I had it on my 06 and now it's on my 2011 same size box.

I agree, I'm not sure where some of these guys are getting their info. I also run a deck on my 2500 and with 2 sleds and gear and people, I'm still legal. I think these guys are thinking of the old iron and old GVRW's.

Top Bottom