sled deck?

HAYDENC

Reaction score
can a guy toss a sled deck on a tundra? or a dodge ram 1500? would be carrying two sleds on it. not to sure about the weight and all that? is it possible or to heavy?

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe by weight it is illegal. unless its a chev 1500hd ( i think) only way to know for sure is to do the maths.
do i recommend it.. no. half tons arent the greatest trucks for sled decks they get blown around pretty good and the brakes arent the best.
but people are doing it ( i WAS one of them)

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a number of threads regarding this subject if you care to review them. Easy answer is no. Minimum is a 3/4 ton generally speaking.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only half ton that has been proven legal for 2 sleds on a deck is a F150 HD.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So that guy with the 5th wheel on his Tacoma I saw on the weekend was likely breaking the law? :rolleyes:

Like just about anything, you can do whatever you want. It comes down to doing what is legal and more importantly safe to do.

Many year dodge 2500 diesel quad cab for example is likely near or over its GVW with two sleds on a deck with passengers and gear and so on. Payload is around 2400 pounds. But you see it everyday. Throw on a lift and big tires and don't bitch about it when you get pulled over.

sent from a top secret location

Top Bottom