Sled Deck

Smrsux05

Reaction score
Buying a new deck for this upcoming winter, and not sure which one to go with. Found some info on here, but not as much as I'd hoped. I don't mind spending the money to get some of the higher end decks. I'm wondering if anybody's seen the new truck boss setup where the deck sits on the rails o the truck with no legs? Real clean setup just wondering if anybody's seen em used or damage from the weight on the rails. Marlons new explore pro looks good too if anybody's got any reviews on those, any info is appreciated!

Smrsux05

Reaction score
A hydraulic deck would be sweet but I'd worry something would break in the parking lot trying to load up and you'd be screwed. May never have issues with it but a ramp that pulls out and a deck stationary on the truck seems a little more fail proof. I've never seen anyone with a hydraulic one to actually look at myself though

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marlon's are going to be pretty sweet this year.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a truck boss 8' deck. I added support legs from marathon to it as an option for quads and side x sides. Also included is the pull out tray for underneath also. It was 750 extra. $4800 It's less than 3 hrs old. Pm me if your interested.

Last edited:

Smrsux05

Reaction score
Yeah the new Marlon looks awesome, I'll go with that one if I don't go with a truck boss, drew562 did you use it much with it just clamped to the bed rails? Or hear of anyone having trouble without needing the legs for extra support?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run an aluminum Marathon that we bought about 20 years ago. Nothing fancy, no slide out's but just a good solid deck that was built well right from the start. Tough to take the hit when you buy it but you do get what you pay for in the end. I stripped the decking off 2 years ago and inspected the whole frame for cracking or stress before replacing the deck and found absolutely nothing.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO M-line, Full Lotus, and Bulldog are the nicest decks. Truckboss is nice too but too much of a hassle if you need to take it in and out very often. That new Marlon looks pretty good too especially if the price stays in the same range as the original.

Smrsux05

Reaction score
whats the price on the new marlon decks im wondering

I spoke with Jeff at the Marlon warehouse in Stony Plain and from talking to him their new explore pro sled deck ( 8' ), with the 2' deck extension and the upgrade to the 12' ramp should come to right about $6k, that's with all aluminum decking, super glides, front and rear super clamps, lights in the headache rack and underneath, and installed.

Smrsux05

Reaction score
IMO M-line, Full Lotus, and Bulldog are the nicest decks. Truckboss is nice too but too much of a hassle if you need to take it in and out very often. That new Marlon looks pretty good too especially if the price stays in the same range as the original.

I was going with the mline originally but a couple guys talked me out of it, they've seen the infiniboard break, and said they weren't worth all the money. That's their opinion tho, I agree that those and the lotus and bull dog are all in the top as far as decks go.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a truck boss, you don't want it without the legs ( not sure if they even sell them without the legs anymore) boxes were kinking by the tail lights from the weight when loading/unloading. They are a pain in a$$ to take in and out, I have a gantry that I back under to put it on and take it off, and even then it takes me a couple of hours, you have to have it levelled just right in your box or your slide outs will bind up and not slide. I just bought the flip over extension last year, they definitely needed to do some more R&D on that before they went public with it. My slide outs no longer go all the way in, they stick out a solid 1-2 inches. Looks pretty sloppy. When I asked them about it, the guy said, " that's just the way it is". They use regular steel fasteners, not galvanized or stainless steel, so everything gets corroded and seized up. The bolts that go through the aluminum bed rail clamps are steel, and as we all know, steel and aluminum don't play nice together, most of my bolts are seized tighter than a nun's wallet on payday., so I'm sure that will cost me a pretty penny to replace them all. The big selling point for me when I bought was the solid aluminum deck up top, it seals the box pretty good and you can lock your tale gate and your gear is safe and for the most part, dry, in your box. If I were to do it again though, and I knew what I know now, I would pass on the Boss. There are a lot of decks out there that look good and are a little more user friendly. My .02

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Jeff at the Marlon warehouse in Stony Plain and from talking to him their new explore pro sled deck ( 8' ), with the 2' deck extension and the upgrade to the 12' ramp should come to right about $6k, that's with all aluminum decking, super glides, front and rear super clamps, lights in the headache rack and underneath, and installed.

seems a bit steep. id rather buy a full lotus for that kind of money.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you are using it for and how deep is your pocket book. I bought a used Marathon years ago and sold it. Recently bought a Marathon knockoff, Denali, for $1700. Is it Full Lotus quality? No, but it is holding up just fine and I could buy a new one every 3 or 4 years and still be money ahead from $6k.

Smrsux05

Reaction score
seems a bit steep. id rather buy a full lotus for that kind of money.

According to the website the full lotus would still cost $5k, I know that's a thousand bucks, but not much of a difference really when you're in it that much for a deck, but personally I just prefer the look of the bull dog or the new marlon deck.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Find a old stf deck they are awsome sleds in the winter and commander and bikes it the summertime use it year round
2aab22cb4a5d006dc6aabb5cd12b11bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smrsux05

Reaction score
Depends on what you are using it for and how deep is your pocket book. I bought a used Marathon years ago and sold it. Recently bought a Marathon knockoff, Denali, for $1700. Is it Full Lotus quality? No, but it is holding up just fine and I could buy a new one every 3 or 4 years and still be money ahead from $6k.

I recently sold an X deck, I bought it used and you're right it held up fine even though it's one of the cheaper decks too. I hated the ramp that the x decks had though. I'm looking for aluminum or some sort of composite decking, that the biggest reason I'm looking at the marlon or bull dog or the mline

Last edited:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Three seasons of work and play with an 8' Truckboss.

Deck is great with lots of tie down options on top of having superclamps/glides. I got it with the legs and with brackets for extra strength at the front corners of the truck box. Get it with the legs.

Nice to have the sliding box underneath and keep your gear, snowboards, tools out of sight, out of the weather, and locked. Got led lights underneath as well, nice to see the whole tray of gear and extra lighting so you don't forget stuff on the tailgate

Ramp is getting a bit worn

Lining up the holes on the extensions can be a pain until you learn to use a light to see the holes

I would buy another one

Top Bottom