Sled Deck with tool box in long box truck

muddmadness

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered but i couldnt find anything on it, but has anyone put a deck on a truck with a toolbox at the front of the box? i have a 3500 long box srw. My tool box is a bit of a hassel to take out and was thinkinb of putting a short box deck in behind it. would this look dumb or have guys done it?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive seen it done, I wish I had taken a picture as it looked absolutely ridiculous.

gasman

Reaction score
I seen one that I might do with my company truck. The guy had a short box cc chev and at the front of the deck it opened then he could open his tool box. it was a chest style tool box. he had the front legs widened to accomidate the tool box, he said they charged him $100 more for the change.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I saw that seemed to work ok was a sled deck on a long box with a slider underneath. Dont know exactly what they are called but the mount to the bottom of your box, have a handle on then, when you open your tailgate they slide out like a drawer on your tool chest. You just set what you need on the platform and slide it out when needed.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I saw that seemed to work ok was a sled deck on a long box with a slider underneath. Dont know exactly what they are called but the mount to the bottom of your box, have a handle on then, when you open your tailgate they slide out like a drawer on your tool chest. You just set what you need on the platform and slide it out when needed.

I guess they are called bed slides

bed slides for trucks, bed slide, truck bed slide out, bedslide, truck bed slide, slide out truck bed,truck bed sliders, sliding truck beds

wiseguy

Reaction score
Did this on 2005. Had the toolbox made and mounted it in front of the deck. The deck was a 7ft Marathon and I put 6" risers under the deck to get the ramp holder above everything. Worked nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 156
Top Bottom