Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4e6f88e12350334076d44e40423a7b12.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s just an answer to the Ram 6.4 hemi with 8 speed tranny, still isn’t gonna be a diesel though but bridges the gap for ford that dodge already did
I haven't ridden in a Dodge with that setup.
What does it redline at?

I realize it isn't gonna hold a candle to the diesel, tough to compete with a 1000ft lb tq , but maybe you won't have to drive around at 6500 rpm to make power.

Last gas 1 ton I drove was the old v10, it was hard on fuel and needed to downshift and rev high to accomplish anything.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't ridden in a Dodge with that setup.
What does it redline at?

I realize it isn't gonna hold a candle to the diesel, tough to compete with a 1000ft lb tq , but maybe you won't have to drive around at 6500 rpm to make power.

Last gas 1 ton I drove was the old v10, it was hard on fuel and needed to downshift and rev high to accomplish anything.

I don’t know what it redlines at, I will swag it at 6500 but having had gas HD trucks I never had to redline them even when passing. They rev high when downshifting but they are not redlining.

The Ram 6.4 with the 8 speed is nice . A coworker just picked up a 19 in a 2500. He previously had the 6 speed and said this truck is noticeably smoother shifting and a few hundred rpm lower with the same rear end gearing at 110-120 so maybe it has a much taller overdrive.

It’s hard having a diesel to think about going back to a gas but they are building some nice packages for guys who don’t “need” a diesel.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally some actual good conversation going on about manufacturers trying to give options so retards stop trying to overdue it with a half ton and everyone wants to cry about it and keep re posting the same half ton with a deck or overloaded truck pictures that anyone who isn’t computer illiterate has already seen 10x before snow and mud...........

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally some actual good conversation going on about manufacturers trying to give options so retards stop trying to overdue it with a half ton and everyone wants to cry about it and keep re posting the same half ton with a deck or overloaded truck pictures that anyone who isn’t computer illiterate has already seen 10x before snow and mud...........

top left hand corner on main page...click it, start a thread about what chu want. Sincerely, Cry baby:eek:

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Moderators please delete this post. He's lost.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you cant see that this is related to the topic than I really feel sorry for your lack of perception. With the question mark at the end of the title it really leaves what can be associated with the topic up to interpretation

Well this IS the sled deck on a half ton thread. Please stay on topic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom