Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys posting ever think the lieometer was full of sh!t??

Even tire size screws the lieometer

Hand calculated with pics please

Just go to Fuelly and see real world HD diesel numbers. I don't believe anything when it comes to someones fuel economy. They see under 12L/100km one time on the display and use that number for all their arguments. It is a little harder to break down the GM/Chev products but easy to see the Ford and Ram diesel options. They are all between 15-17L/100km average over the last 3 years. Not much to brag about.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go to Fuelly and see real world HD diesel numbers. I don't believe anything when it comes to someones fuel economy. They see under 12L/100km one time on the display and use that number for all their arguments. It is a little harder to break down the GM/Chev products but easy to see the Ford and Ram diesel options. They are all between 15-17L/100km average over the last 3 years. Not much to brag about.

This is why I double check what my display tells me as it was 2L/100km off over a 1300km trip. My guess would be newer trucks are more accurate than my 05

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why I double check what my display tells me as it was 2L/100km off over a 1300km trip. My guess would be newer trucks are more accurate than my 05
I can assure you that they are all fairly inaccurate. We have all three brands, and they all go out of whack, especially when you change driving conditions like going from driving in town empty to towing on the highway.

The most accurate truck we have is a Kenworth. It's average is always within about 2% of actual. Somewhere around 45l/100

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And not a average over 2500 km lol

If you reset it going down hill, holy fawk she's good on fuel eh boys lmfao

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys posting ever think the lieometer was full of sh!t??

Even tire size screws the lieometer

Hand calculated with pics please

Ah man. It has been lying to me.

100 l x 820 km from my place north of stony plain to Vernon . 12.2 l/100

And the darn truck made me think I got 13.
4ed3372a5c44e3d566a9eb3a83e5e8d1.jpg

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Empty averaging 90km/h lol

Empty deck. Loaded with a family of 5 and luggage. Stock truck. Not trying to convince anybody of any miracles . But I’m Happy with mileage from a 1 tonne long box. Doesn’t burn much more than the wife’s small suv.

When empty truck goes 900 km and will only fit 112 litres of bone dry.

Obviously burn a lot more pulling a big trailer.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Empty deck. Loaded with a family of 5 and luggage. Stock truck. Not trying to convince anybody of any miracles . But I’m Happy with mileage from a 1 tonne long box. Doesn’t burn much more than the wife’s small suv.

When empty truck goes 900 km and will only fit 112 litres of bone dry.

Obviously burn a lot more pulling a big trailer.

I have only fit over 100L 2-3 times in my short box. The long box tank I believe is only 20 L larger which would make sense.

Have you kept track of the lifetime average for mileage?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can assure you that they are all fairly inaccurate. We have all three brands, and they all go out of whack, especially when you change driving conditions like going from driving in town empty to towing on the highway.

The most accurate truck we have is a Kenworth. It's average is always within about 2% of actual. Somewhere around 45l/100
Disagree. My older Ford 6.4 computer calculator was within 0.5L/100 everytime until I chipped it. My 2016 Duramax is within 0.2L/100 everytime for the first 20 tanks, so I have quick checking. Close enough for me.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only fit over 100L 2-3 times in my short box. The long box tank I believe is only 20 L larger which would make sense.

Have you kept track of the lifetime average for mileage?

Nope. Don’t care that much. Just chimed in as I know it does better than 15/16 ish.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. Don’t care that much. Just chimed in as I know it does better than 15/16 ish.

Sure mine can do low 12/L average as well but unless all you ever do is haul the family around and treat it like a station wagon it’s not a realistic fuel consumption to use as an example. I was hoping you did care since you took time to make a post as I wondered if the long box with larger tank made any difference as my next one will likely be one. Better Range for sure.

When used as a truck, hauling something or dragging a trailer they all average 15-17L/100km or worse when stock.

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’ll never get a apples to apples comparison. I remote start it 2-3 times before I go anywhere, drive city and highway combo. Pull a bunch of different trailers. Gauge usually says 14 ish when no trailer.

I never reset the meter, just drive it. It always has a 500 pound deck in it so it’s never empty.
It obviously doesn’t get 12 pulling the 10000 lb + when empty four place. Probably 21 ish.

Don’t think the tank is even 20 litres more. It is listed at 110 litres, most I ever put in was 112 l.

For me I happy with it. The range is twice what my gas version was for the same 100 litres of fuel.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’ll never get a apples to apples comparison. I remote start it 2-3 times before I go anywhere, drive city and highway combo. Pull a bunch of different trailers. Gauge usually says 14 ish when no trailer.

I never reset the meter, just drive it. It always has a 500 pound deck in it so it’s never empty.
It obviously doesn’t get 12 pulling the 10000 lb + when empty four place. Probably 21 ish.

Don’t think the tank is even 20 litres more. It is listed at 110 litres, most I ever put in was 112 l.

For me I happy with it. The range is twice what my gas version was for the same 100 litres of fuel.

My mistake, it’s 1 gallon larger lol

ff88493b788bf0c629a8bd61a9dcdf94.jpg

Top Bottom