Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was considering a long box for the next truck because I felt my sleds hung out too far. I guess I can save a bunch of dough and just get an f one fiddy.
cd83b89482e456d0e25156672a30a6b5.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

About 2' past sketchy.
lol

Why peps don't just get the extension with lights??????
Pretty cheap when you look at the cost of that whole package.
An extra $1k ish.
About as bad as dodging trail fees.......
Just tag them in staging areas.

Last edited:

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get that most can't, or don't want to spend big money on a spare vehicle of the appropriate capacity or drive a 1 ton every day but maybe a 2 place aluminum sled trailer is the way to go. I will admit the two latest pics with the new half tons seem to sit pretty well for heaving two sleds on it. The length of the sled hanging off the deck seems ridiculous though. You must need to stick it like a gymnast when you are loading. Too much throttle and you go over. (or through your back window) Too little and you don't make it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get that most can't, or don't want to spend big money on a spare vehicle of the appropriate capacity or drive a 1 ton every day but maybe a 2 place aluminum sled trailer is the way to go. I will admit the two latest pics with the new half tons seem to sit pretty well for heaving two sleds on it. The length of the sled hanging off the deck seems ridiculous though. You must need to stick it like a gymnast when you are loading. Too much throttle and you go over. (or through your back window) Too little and you don't make it.

Whether it’s a 1 ton or 1/4 it’s still a truck. I don’t see a legitimate argument of driving one truck over the other because someone doesn’t want to drive a 1 ton every day.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whether it’s a 1 ton or 1/4 it’s still a truck. I don’t see a legitimate argument of driving one truck over the other because someone doesn’t want to drive a 1 ton every day.

I still go by what has been said over the many pages:
1) Is vehicle operating over its rated capacity
2) Is either axle loaded over its rated capacity
3) Are tires operating over their rated capacity
4) Is the load creating instbility in handling - sacked out back and lights to the sky light front end
5) Is the load breaking length and transport lighting regulations.
6) Is the load breaking securement regulations, this includes the deck to truck, sled to deck.

If you answer yes to any of these then the rig should not be on the road.
Period.
No one has the right to endanget others for any reason.
Sledding is not a cheap game, when ready giver......when ready.
If a new properly set up halfer meets the criteria....giver.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
iMHO, it's just a matter of time before MOT/DOT does some serious chit about overhang, weight, lights, etc..

That situation above is sketchy at best. That is just my opinion and I am entitled to it so far.............................as the rest of the world has gone with inclusion, I may not be able to express my opinion due to someone's hurt feelings.

Snowy.........with a chance of being pulled over.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
iMHO, it's just a matter of time before MOT/DOT does some serious chit about overhang, weight, lights, etc..

That situation above is sketchy at best. That is just my opinion and I am entitled to it so far.............................as the rest of the world has gone with inclusion, I may not be able to express my opinion due to someone's hurt feelings.

If they want some easy money they will just hit the staging areas and write tickets....Friday, Saturday and Sunday and probably to the same people each day. lol
A three month run would fix this issue or generate good revenue.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If they want some easy money they will just hit the staging areas and write tickets....Friday, Saturday and Sunday and probably to the same people each day. lol
A three month run would fix this issue or generate good revenue.

Easy money shouldn't be the driving objective. It should be highway safety.

I have always been an advocate of RCMP checking out the staging area particularly late in the day. That would only take a couple weekends, some tickets, confiscation, and a lot of stuff would be cleaned up.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they have room for beer. Asking for a friend.

Top Bottom