Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legally overweight for sure, but completely safe. I ran a ford f250 diesel and yes I was legally overweight, but technically the same truck as a f350.

Same truck but F3fiddy can handle 5-600lbs more payload. That's a whole sled...

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok...now say that again...but slowly.
Ya, wasn't getting you, but since you keep repeating the statement I assume mean you mean that if it is overweight it must be unsafe.

You do understand that if you take two identical trucks and simply put a sticker on one that says 9900lbs and a sticker on the other that says 11,200lbs, that doesn't mean the one with the bigger sticker is safer.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rules is rules lol, when the dot pulls u over u explain to him the dif between a 2500 and a 3500 and see if he gives you a ticket or not. Or u crash your truck while being overloaded and u can argue with insurance im sure they will be on your side. There may be not one dif other then the sticker but the sticker is all that matters

Ya, wasn't getting you, but since you keep repeating the statement I assume mean you mean that if it is overweight it must be unsafe.

You do understand that if you take two identical trucks and simply put a sticker on one that says 9900lbs and a sticker on the other that says 11,200lbs, that doesn't mean the one with the bigger sticker is safer.

Last edited:

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid question as I only drive a half ton. If there is no difference between the 3/4 ton and one ton, then why would the OEM not just put a heavier sticker on the 3/4 ton? They would probably sell alot more if they could claim the highest payload.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It means one was engineered to carry more weight than the other one lol.

There is like a $500 difference between a 250 and a 350.......

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been stopped by dot and received a ticket for being overweight with sleds on a deck?

I’m just curious because It’s never happened to anyone I know but I don’t ride in the popular sledding areas that many of you do

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It means one was engineered to carry more weight than the other one lol.

There is like a $500 difference between a 250 and a 350.......
Engineered to carry more weight? For $500 extra it is engineered to carry 1300lbs more. lol. The only reason there is two different stickers is for insurance purposes in different areas of the country. It is cheaper to build one truck at one plant and simply downgrade one with a sticker.

Yes I know legal is legal, but I wasn't saying it was legal, I was simply stating it was safe. I have a 3500 so I'm legal, but please stop trying to explain how one is a safer, stronger, better engineered truck for $500.

A dually is different of course, that would be the engineered part.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been stopped by dot and received a ticket for being overweight with sleds on a deck?

I’m just curious because It’s never happened to anyone I know but I don’t ride in the popular sledding areas that many of you do
I saw a half ton with two sleds got flagged into the scales a golden.
I didn't follow to see why.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engineered to carry more weight? For $500 extra it is engineered to carry 1300lbs more. lol. The only reason there is two different stickers is for insurance purposes in different areas of the country. It is cheaper to build one truck at one plant and simply downgrade one with a sticker.

Yes I know legal is legal, but I wasn't saying it was legal, I was simply stating it was safe. I have a 3500 so I'm legal, but please stop trying to explain how one is a safer, stronger, better engineered truck for $500.

A dually is different of course, that would be the engineered part.
https://youtu.be/2rgEEyTryig

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im new to this HD thing. My 06 7.3L f250 has different front and rear axles than the f350 in the same year... I wish I had the dana 60s...

but i got dem air bags so im all good lol

120 down the highway with my camper and boat, smilin

Top Bottom