Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard 1/2 tons can do every thing better than those old school 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

Roumers are going round that this will be the last year of the trucks built heavier 1/2 ton are getting the puntted under the NDP policies under the carbon tax plan since its been known that trucks that weigh heavier than its pay-load waist fuel. LOL.

All the extra iron is a total waist of good resources that could go towards making more 1/2 tons,,, that's right.
One 1 ton can make two 1/2 tons that can pack 700% more pay-load at full throttle.

They say the new 1/2 tons coming out next year won't have the GVWR stickers so they can start pulling those 65' tri axles in BC threw the mountains.
Who cares if those trails weigh 32.000 kgs.
They will do just fine at 7000 rpm in first gear all day long,,, who needs a 9 speed when 1st gear will do everything. Ha.

Yuppers,,, every new Ford 1/2 ton comes with a free dress,,, Dodge said that they are going to top this by offering a free set of Kow leather chaps on their sale.

This Pizzed GMC right off. So they are giving each new buyer a,,, a,,, a,,, Ummmmm nothing.
They feel confident that new owners of their trucks would be at ease with nothing on. LOL.

Oh Boy.
This new world of 1/2 tons is hard to fit into.

Reporting from a old 1/2 ton of rubber floor mats and manual roll up and down windows with 2 wdr. LOL.

Kinda like living the dream from days gone by

The Pal Lamb

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard 1/2 tons can do every thing better than those old school 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

Roumers are going round that this will be the last year of the trucks built heavier 1/2 ton are getting the puntted under the NDP policies under the carbon tax plan since its been known that trucks that weigh heavier than its pay-load waist fuel. LOL.

All the extra iron is a total waist of good resources that could go towards making more 1/2 tons,,, that's right.
One 1 ton can make two 1/2 tons that can pack 700% more pay-load at full throttle.

They say the new 1/2 tons coming out next year won't have the GVWR stickers so they can start pulling those 65' tri axles in BC threw the mountains.
Who cares if those trails weigh 32.000 kgs.
They will do just fine at 7000 rpm in first gear all day long,,, who needs a 9 speed when 1st gear will do everything. Ha.

Yuppers,,, every new Ford 1/2 ton comes with a free dress,,, Dodge said that they are going to top this by offering a free set of Kow leather chaps on their sale.

This Pizzed GMC right off. So they are giving each new buyer a,,, a,,, a,,, Ummmmm nothing.
They feel confident that new owners of their trucks would be at ease with nothing on. LOL.

Oh Boy.
This new world of 1/2 tons is hard to fit into.

Reporting from a old 1/2 ton of rubber floor mats and manual roll up and down windows with 2 wdr. LOL.

Kinda like living the dream from days gone by

The Pal Lamb

:smiliestirthepot:
oh my! you need to get that hondo out on the trail, you may be having trail riding with drawl? lol. haha

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alot of people don't know this but us 2 wheel drive 1/2 ton dudes are BAD AZZ's. That right,,, braking the law is in our nature.

Packing to much weight, going to fast and plowing our own trails where there is none.

We don't care if the counties and cities didn't put access points where we want to go,,, we just push the throttle to the boards and giver. Ha.

If it works out good, if not,,, no big deal since we will take another stab at later that night.

Yuppers, BAD AZZ HATS we are.
The 3/4 and 1 ton folks slow down for this crap since they might crash their noodles into the roof liners,,, not us 1/2 ton dudes with an aluminum deck packing 2 Narely sleds and all the chitz that go with it. LOL.

Who cares if the truck is packing 4000 lbs and 1 tire is off the rim,,, do we care,,, absolutely not since we don't have time to worry about little trivial crap like that.

Who said we can't drive 100 mpr to a sled are 30 kms down the hyw to be the first up the trail,,, there ain't no flat tire that will slow us down.
Why would we try to change when we can't get at from under the truck when the bumper is touching the ground.

Boy oh Boy. It's tuff fitting into a world that is politically correct.
Can't go here, can't do this, can't do that,,, Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.

I've switched back and forth from GOOD GUY to BAD AZZ so many times that I've finaly give up.

My new title is GOOD BAD AZZ HAT DUDE so I can fit in with the rest of the clowns I live with on the planet.

We're easy to spot,,, all bent up sideways and cross threaded trucks with all 5 corners pushed in,,, "5th corner is the tail-gate. LOL.
Our pants are down to our Knees, haven't had a hair cut or shave in a year,,, and we don't smell to bad considering we are wearing the same cloths as last year. Ha.

Life is good in the 1/2 ton world as we just wing it and have no cares or concerns.

What the world needs more than anything is more BAD AZZ 1/2 TON DUDES,,, oh,,, and plastic so we can see the trail of broken peaces of where we came from to where we ended up.

Life is good when we know where we're going,,, its awesome when we don't.

Reporting from the top edge of some sidewalk landing pad that allows for free parking,,, ain't no signs saying other wize so it must be legal I guess.

BAD AZZ LAMB the Lem'''on

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh i can see it now, LU LU LEMON the lambster, shakin up the chestnut tree in the fall. haha. many have tried only to get the point of the chestnut tree on the noggin, ol lem has seen the light i'm afraid, beware the lamb driving the tandem coming through a town near you. i seen Mad Max once:D

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
must be something with these new F one fitties tearin up the roads. all the thieves want them, all the chebie owners are tryin to put them down and the manufacturer posting doctored adds. looks like the deck builders should be makin the decks able to carry three sleds, ( doo's or poo's, that will be a discussion for another day) lol.

lem for the common man, lookin for him to punt truedope in the next election. if only.

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's a BAD AZZ HAT DUDE suppose to do.

Don't turn here, don't go there. Here's a curb, there's a curb every where you look is a curb.
Bumper posts, concrete blocks, walking paths, arrows. Cross path lights,,, 1000's of signs, and LED street lamps that don't light up nothing.

There so dim-ly lite that folks are now walking down the middle of the roads. What a joke.

It only makes sense too drive down the sidewalks I guess,,, wholly crap bat-man. Everything is changing as we drive the sidewalks and humans walk the middle of the road.

Lucky thing is that these over loaded 1/2 tons with an aluminum deck packing 2 sleds are kicking around.

If it wasn't for them, then the world would come to a stand still and we'd starve to death since the food chain would come to a end.

No trucks, no food.

Town, city, and hwy planners need to do better, but the new Canadians that come here from a place that is a desert of sand would never know that we move things in big trucks,,, there are no pack camels here in Alberta,,, WTF my friends,,, no disrespect too camels as I'm sure they work well in tight nit areas.

Any Who,,, all this new design sucks goats milk,,, if its hard for us BAD AZZ HAT DUDES to get around, what is it like for the heavy hual dudes with 1 ton trucks with 65' sled trailers,,, REALLY,,, all I can say is WOW.

Time has come for us 1/2 tons to go where no 1/2 ton has gone before.

Going the wrong way is now the right way, who's to guess what the next generation traffic control idea is coming out next year..

I can see it now

BAD AZZ HAT DUDE & CAMEL 1/2 ton rider.

WOW,,,, just simply WOW

Lost in my own tracks that lead some where no where.
At least I won't starve to death since I'm packing a can opener. Ha

Mel Bmal spelt correctly in todays world

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's a BAD AZZ HAT DUDE suppose to do.

Don't turn here, don't go there. Here's a curb, there's a curb every where you look is a curb.
Bumper posts, concrete blocks, walking paths, arrows. Cross path lights,,, 1000's of signs, and LED street lamps that don't light up nothing.

There so dim-ly lite that folks are now walking down the middle of the roads. What a joke.

It only makes sense too drive down the sidewalks I guess,,, wholly crap bat-man. Everything is changing as we drive the sidewalks and humans walk the middle of the road.

Lucky thing is that these over loaded 1/2 tons with an aluminum deck packing 2 sleds are kicking around.

If it wasn't for them, then the world would come to a stand still and we'd starve to death since the food chain would come to a end.

No trucks, no food.

Town, city, and hwy planners need to do better, but the new Canadians that come here from a place that is a desert of sand would never know that we move things in big trucks,,, there are no pack camels here in Alberta,,, WTF my friends,,, no disrespect too camels as I'm sure they work well in tight nit areas.

Any Who,,, all this new design sucks goats milk,,, if its hard for us BAD AZZ HAT DUDES to get around, what is it like for the heavy hual dudes with 1 ton trucks with 65' sled trailers,,, REALLY,,, all I can say is WOW.

Time has come for us 1/2 tons to go where no 1/2 ton has gone before.

Going the wrong way is now the right way, who's to guess what the next generation traffic control idea is coming out next year..

I can see it now

BAD AZZ HAT DUDE & CAMEL 1/2 ton rider.

WOW,,,, just simply WOW

Lost in my own tracks that lead some where no where.
At least I won't starve to death since I'm packing a can opener. Ha

Mel Bmal spelt correctly in todays world

may i ask what you have been opening with that can opener, it has made the lamb man a bit edgy i think, what with traffic circles, short yellow traffic lights, intersection speed cameras, traffic construction projects just starting:confused:, what is a non turban truck drivin guy to doo. a bit like salmon swimming up stream. wasn't there a song back in the good old days about signs everywhere.

:theCabin:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one takes the cake.
366d1f16ef08e9c80ca7266d7dafc83d.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha, looks ingenious, low budget=more beer/gas money.

may have been better to have been built a bit lower, but likely fits his purpose and gets the job done.
should work, and if not try a new design.
i'm liking the redneck build.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i have a toyota tacoma... do you think i can haul 2 sled on it with a aluminum sled deck and airbags.........:p

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after 15 years of contract operating and running F350's; I took an employee job and also sold my fifth wheel this summer, so my deck is on my 2017 F150 EcoBoost running a 3" BDS lift. I haven't taken my truck and deck to BC in about 4 years; generally haul my sled to Hinton on my deck and then throw in in Snowseeker's trailer from there. Might have two on it around here a few times if we get snow to ride around home this winter. I am putting air bags on just for the rare times I have two sleds on. I can say that with one sled on the deck to Edmonton and back; I noticed no difference in power, and without airbags in as of yet, the rear dropped about the same as my F350's did. I was one of the guys that bashed decks on half tons for many years. But for 95% of my usage I need an F150; just couldn't justify owning a diesel that I need for 5% of the time. Not saying it's right; but after the air bags are in to keep the ride level and the headlights aimed properly, I would have no problem hucking my Axys and my sons Pro on the deck and having full confidence that the little F150 will get the job done that 5% of the time. I guess if I end up needing to take it to Valemount or McBride and get stopped and scaled we will see where the numbers are at. But functionally; driving responsibly, I have no doubt that this truck handles better with one sled up there than my F350 with a 6" left did and as well as my other 5 F350's with leveling kits did. I guess I am one of the guys to be shunned at ridiculed now....so be it. It's what works for me.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after 15 years of contract operating and running F350's; I took an employee job and also sold my fifth wheel this summer, so my deck is on my 2017 F150 EcoBoost running a 3" BDS lift. I haven't taken my truck and deck to BC in about 4 years; generally haul my sled to Hinton on my deck and then throw in in Snowseeker's trailer from there. Might have two on it around here a few times if we get snow to ride around home this winter. I am putting air bags on just for the rare times I have two sleds on. I can say that with one sled on the deck to Edmonton and back; I noticed no difference in power, and without airbags in as of yet, the rear dropped about the same as my F350's did. I was one of the guys that bashed decks on half tons for many years. But for 95% of my usage I need an F150; just couldn't justify owning a diesel that I need for 5% of the time. Not saying it's right; but after the air bags are in to keep the ride level and the headlights aimed properly, I would have no problem hucking my Axys and my sons Pro on the deck and having full confidence that the little F150 will get the job done that 5% of the time. I guess if I end up needing to take it to Valemount or McBride and get stopped and scaled we will see where the numbers are at. But functionally; driving responsibly, I have no doubt that this truck handles better with one sled up there than my F350 with a 6" left did and as well as my other 5 F350's with leveling kits did. I guess I am one of the guys to be shunned at ridiculed now....so be it. It's what works for me.

Well said.
Just be careful when there is snow on the road. My buddy with his 150 said his likes to push the front end with one sled on the deck.
He is also careful but he still misses his 2500.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said.
Just be careful when there is snow on the road. My buddy with his 150 said his likes to push the front end with one sled on the deck.
He is also careful but he still misses his 2500.

For sure. I will be very cautious to see where the handling is at for sure. I also run BFG KO2's with the snowflake rating not mud tires.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don'thave to get an F350 with a diesel. They have a very good 6.2 l gas motor that works just fine.

Yes; but it is the ride and fuel mileage of a one ton that I don't want or need more than the diesel engine. I am driving around completely empty 95% of the time.

Top Bottom