Reaction score
Doesn't even squat.

I know it's not a half ton
I'm more surprised that you can fix a machine in the box than anything

20240102_084031.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was thinking on putting a 400 lt tank under a sled deck in a 90 Ranger 4x4, would i need air bags or a 6 inch lift. deck is 8 x9aluminum for light weight.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was thinking on putting a 400 lt tank under a sled deck in a 90 Ranger 4x4, would i need air bags or a 6 inch lift. deck is 8 x9aluminum for light weight.

Go with the lift, no bags and 35’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the truck has 215-75-r 15 tires now! so you think 235-75 r15 will get me a bit more weight capacity and possibly a bit more aggressive tire? lift would help with getting over the rocks etc. have been running reg gas, but thinking on running premium for the extra power?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh also what size of tie downs would you recommend for attaching deck to truck bed? i was thinkng paracord as that rope is wicked strong?

also buddy was saying to run studded tires, for traction! like the fuel tank idea under deck though, can run premium fuel and use in sleds and truck< may even plumb big tank into stock ranger tank.

also you don't think my bud is shinning me on, he is in hospital right now after doing some crazy stunts on his home made sled jump! not sure what happened, he was out cold when ambulance came and picked him up?

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might need a decent size Hellwig sway bar though, why not put 37,s on as well no need for a lift lol! Princess china tie downs will get her with some tuck tape get the blue stuff though so it looks nicer lol!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might need a decent size Hellwig sway bar though, why not put 37,s on as well no need for a lift lol! Princess china tie downs will get her with some tuck tape get the blue stuff though so it looks nicer lol!
would match the paint job, would i have to cut the fenders out?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would match the paint job, would i have to cut the fenders out?
Nope, you can use wheel spacers pretty sure slamazon has those, you will want to try and save every nickel going forward and have less thought and labor!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, you can use wheel spacers pretty sure slamazon has those, you will want to try and save every nickel going forward and have less thought and labor!
well i do like that idea, as thinking has become a pain, i really think my bud is leading me on, maybe the ranger might be to small, not much room for the gear and beer! maybe should be looking into a Dakota! for the wow factor?

was passing a few ideas back to bud, spacers cost money, might be cheaper and quicker to weld 2 inch pipe to axles and extend them out 6 inches or so? give it the wide track stance with the big tires!

Last edited:
Top Bottom