Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Carly is nice stuff forsure. I have 6inch procomp. Not a bad lift, but a couple things I dont like.

1 it uses the stock strut with a 6inch spacer.
2 the shock on the back are 100$ for both....

Thinking about getting these. But I might just get the 2.0's the 2.5's are pricey.

FOX_TRUCK_25_FACTORY_COIL-OVER_RESERVOIR.jpg

FOX_OFFROAD_25_FACTORY_SMOOTH_REMOTE.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carly is nice stuff forsure. I have 6inch procomp. Not a bad lift, but a couple things I dont like.

1 it uses the stock strut with a 6inch spacer.
2 the shock on the back are 100$ for both....

Thinking about getting these. But I might just get the 2.0's the 2.5's are pricey.

https://www.4wheelparts.ca/sku/Fox Racing Shox/190x190/FOX_TRUCK_25_FACTORY_COIL-OVER_RESERVOIR.jpg

https://www.4wheelparts.ca/sku/Fox Racing Shox/190x190/FOX_OFFROAD_25_FACTORY_SMOOTH_REMOTE.jpg
Get Elka

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why some of you are so deeply concerned about people who haul a little weight with a half ton truck. It actually bothers me more when i see terrible drivers pulling a 25000 lb travel trailer with their 1 ton, but they were told by some douche bag salesman it's fine, because it has some magical rattling diesel up front, and a big price tag taped to the passenger side window. I've been pickup truck shopping recently, and salesmen are complete slime bags losers, with no education or morals. I literally told two of them to F*** OFF right to their faces. Having a diesel engine doesn't do anything but make them more money on the sale, the shop more on repairs, and DECREASES YOUR PAYLOAD!
RAM seems to have at least gone to a system that helps somewhat by using an optional airbag suspension. It rides decently when empty, and toss some weight on it and it just adds more psi to the bags and is self leveling. The driver can just enjoy the drive, and not frett over rear sag. Semi trucks have been using this for many decades, and finally one pickup maker offers it as an option. I'm actually surprised salesmen don't get beat up a dozen times per day.

As for the people who put a deck on a half ton, it doesn't matter to me at all. If they get a ticket, it isn't my ticket so still doesn't affect me in the slightest. They lent me a Ram 2500 on a 2 day test drive, I was impressed by it, and the power of the 6.4 Hemi. Took two excavator buckets to a job site with it, and handled the 4500 ish lb load easily. Was it overweight according to the owners manual, I am certain it was, but it drove great...despite not having any rattling diesel up front. By the way I have a Ram 2500 Hemi on order.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually most of your ride in a truck comes from your rear shocks. Tex you put 1/4 ton shocks in a 1 ton I am not surprised you don't notice a big difference lol.

could be true on some trucks, but on mine think the front are the weakest link.

did tex''s truck have some big ole leaf springs with over loaders?

leafs are worse than torsion springs ffs unless you are haulin g lumber!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just rapping up a 5 year stint of my 1/2 ton,,, packed alot crap in that little cupcake truck,,, had my lumber wagon parked for all those years so I stroked it up once again...

It doesn't ride like the cupcake,,, but it sure doesn't squat down when the pay load packs it down...

Meech,,, what ever floats a person boat,,, same bag of nails from point Q to D,,, give up this for that and that for this...

Got to run,,, need to pack 120.000 lbs of bales on the trailers with the 3/4 ton this morning,,, no lights or brakes,,, but thats just part of the farming life,,, at least the old barn will slow things down when I slide into the farm yard out of control... lol

Now I know why Gramps built it out of 12 x12's... Ha

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
source please.... scale looks off to me. LOL

It’s a ford Facebook ad, truck stays still, object in back keeps changing, dirtbike, kayak, etc obvious green screening as truck is not squatted. But still, it’s a stupid thing to advertise.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha,,, lets roll little ford ranger...

I heard roumers it can pack 40.000 lbs easy,,, the weak link in the package is getting up to speed before the tranny packs it in... lol

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Def looks like some gypsy pic editing took place

Sometimes you just have to know.

Ranger in pic: 5 foot box, looks like the skis aren't even up to the back window by 6".
I believe the sled is an expedition. Specs call them out at 131" length (just about 11 feet long).

In real life, ought to be 6 feet of sled hanging off the back of that 5 foot box.

Scaling the pic real rough-like, the pictured sled is only about 7.5 feet long or about 2/3 scale. LMFAO....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sled is scaled down for sure not to mention those things weigh like 700#

Chrisp1

Reaction score
I will try to keep my jabber to a min. If you have any questions shoot me a pm. To get the front legs to fit in the 5.5 you need to do some trimming depending on you're deck. Only deck with adjustable legs to "properly" fit the 5.5 is Marlon. Would be easier if they made the front legs like they do the denalis or x deck and have one big front leg support instead of two front single legs. As you can see in the pictures the front left leg hits the curve in the box where the fuel neck shape is. That leg wouldn't sit flat until i moved it far enough forward to get past that hump in the box. Poor design from ford to lose some box space. To move that leg forward 2" to get it to sit flat i had to cut off the two front tabs on the legs and remove 2 out of the 6 bolts per leg for adjustment. Thoes tabs are just for tunbuckles, couldn't even get a tie down hook through them, the holes were so small, useless anyways. F150 box is deep too so i had them sitting on 2 2x6 boards to get it high enough.
View attachment 223067 View attachment 223068
View attachment 223069View attachment 223070
View attachment 223071
I have a marathon deck and front legs locations are along front of bed. But they clamp to the bed rails for stability as well. 20171204_144037.jpg

Top Bottom