Sled Deck help

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps on odd question, but I'm very new to Sled decks and have honestly looked at them very little. I know some are cheap and likely junk, others are well built and you get what you pay for.

I'm looking for something that can slide into my '14 shortbox ram 2500, while keeping my Retrax cover on the truck. I really don't need more than a single place deck...if I want to take more than one machine I'll take the enclosed. In saying this, I probably wouldn't use it more than a handful of times per year. It wouldn't stay on the truck..comes in and out as needbe. I really don't want to spend 3-4K on a deck I'll only use a few times a year.

I assume this is likely a custom made deal, but has anyone seen anything that would fit with the cover still in place? Would have to have the front legs set back atleast a foot to clear the box of the retrax. Part of me thinks I should find something used and retrofit as needbe.

Thanks and Happy New year

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not buy a nice set of ramps and put the sled in your box? For the hassle of installing and removing the deck every time you ride with no benefit I don't see why you'd want a deck.

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not buy a nice set of ramps and put the sled in your box? For the hassle of installing and removing the deck every time you ride with no benefit I don't see why you'd want a deck.
Thought about it. Would really like to have some place to store tools, tarp, ramps, etc without throwing them in the cab. I also hate travelling with a tailgate down and getting that beat on. With the retrax in place, it doesn't leave me enough box length to support the sled in the box without a tailgate on either.

It probably doesn't sound logical to most, but I would just prefer to not put the machine in the box of the truck. Wouldn't care if it was a extendable 2 place deck, just likely don't need the second place.

You have made me think a little and this just might have to be something I fab to get exactly what I want.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the marlon sled deck legs slide on a channel and adjust whereever you want. might work for your situation. would have to modify so the ramp would still fit not sure how that would work...

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the marlon sled deck legs slide on a channel and adjust whereever you want. might work for your situation. would have to modify so the ramp would still fit not sure how that would work...

Might work. still have about 10" between the box that holds the box cover and the truck bed. Could probably figure something out that way.

Appreciate the lead..thank you very much.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
These Saskatchewan dudes always searching and designing! If you find something make sure it is high enough off the bed of the box so that you have a place underneath to store the ramp. I don't have any links but there have been lots of one-place in the box decks talked about. Good luck and I am sure you will come up with something. :D

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
i have a marlon deck, you could just put the deck in your box, keep the front legs as is, the deck itself would just butt up to your box cover thing and then you would only need to slide your back deck legs to fit. the deck would only overhang off your box 10-12" and if im not mistaken they make a smaller deck for halfton trucks that could maybe work better. check out their website. cheers

Top Bottom