Sled Codes

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many years of running Yamahas we have come across check engine lights that then throw out code numbrs. Has always allowed us to do trouble shooting on hill if ya get cell service you can see exactly what the issue is with your machine by googleing yamaha code numbers tells you if it can idle, run and exactly what it is. Lesson learned last weekend on an older Skidoo was all you get is the light and you need a dealer code reader to see what is actually going on. Are all the newer skidoos still like this and how about other brands Polaris and Cat? A sensor, fuse, pump, can be the difference between a chopper ride pull by your buddy or a simple fix just curious about other peoples experinces.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the other brands, but Cat will register the code on the cluster, and on the belt guard there is a description of what they mean. The only issue I've ever has was with a throttle safety switch. I disable them on all my sleds and wear a tether

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
Not sure what year doo your talking about but all the etecs will register codes. There is a diagnostic procedure in the manual and it will give you a code# that you can references

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was an 05 summit so that was why I was curious, good to hear.

Top Bottom