Slave Lake Fires

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope wind stays low enough for them to keep flights up. Not sure what restrictions are north of the border but if winds top certain speeds down here we shut the air show down.

Sounds like a nasty one for sure, was at a fire my first year in the business and watched a reservation town burn to the ground with NOTHING left, hard to sit back when you are the one suppose to be working and nothing you can do about the situation because of safety.

Still trying to find info myself on it, our northern region coordinating group is not tied in with what is north of the border, but I do know we have been on jobs up there before. I am free as of next week as is the rest of our crew, I will check with our national fire needs and mention this to my supervisor in the fire line.

Good luck to all those helping fight this thing, stay safe and don't forget your watchout situations and standard firefighting orders, and prayers sent to those of you that are affected by this fire.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also just heard that oil sands near fort mac are getting evacuated?!? Anyone hear anything about it?? And we have more help coming for the Red Earth fire as well I can't believe this outbreak!! We don't get tsunamis but we sure are in serious forest fire region!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

theres 2, the large one near ft chip no one has been fighting that one as its to remote and its already in the 16000-20000 hectare size, out of control

3 around the ft mackay ft hills area north of ft mac, looks like its going to take out our transmission lines soon

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I also just heard that oil sands near fort mac are getting evacuated?!? Anyone hear anything about it?? And we have more help coming for the Red Earth fire as well I can't believe this outbreak!! We don't get tsunamis but we sure are in serious forest fire region!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I have been told by CNRL Horizon, Albian sands, and Suncor Mackay River not to send anything due to skeleton crew waiting on evac notice all non essential peeps have been shipped out.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Just met a convoy of fire trucks at Devon,probably headed up there

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a friend up there
she posted this on facebook
Slave Lake after fire.jpg

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard all the cops and sheriffs are heading to slave cause they're people goin in on quads and bikes and ransacking peoples houses!

Sorry I copy and posted this from another individual without taking into consideration at how offensive it came across.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Just heard all the cops and sheriffs are heading to slave cause the indians are goin in on quads and bikes and ransacking peoples houses!

Probably not only the "indians" I would imagine there is abunch of different races doing it also

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard all the cops and sheriffs are heading to slave cause the indians are goin in on quads and bikes and ransacking peoples houses!

probably more white indians doing it than actual natives
just sayin.....
from my own exp. lots of times chit gets blamed on natives when it was the whitys that did it. dont need to start chit like that wtr. not the time or place.:rant:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From a recent article.

If you can't make it downtown, there are a few other drop off sites for donations in our city. On the southside there are two spots, one is J'Adore Dance Studio 5708-111 Street. It's going untill 9 tonight. The other is PHAT Training, 8632-53 Avenue.

If you live outside of Edmonton, there are also some donation centers popping up in surrounding communities.

- In Millet, there is a drop off at 4812 50th Street - it will be open 1PM to 9PM.
- In Sherwood Park, you can drop off items at Key-Lime Athletic Wear, that's 975 Broadmoor Blvd. (ccg)

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Can someone move over please ...