Slave Lake Fires

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah we figured as much. I'm sure her family is ok........ I feel so bad for them! And I remember first coming to high level we had to drop a buddy off in slave so we come up that way and there was already soooo much fire damage from previous years. And now this...... Makes me feel helpless. And also makes me think about getting emergency bags packed for me and my step kids!! These winds combined with chitheads that are still having fires are very serious threats to us here as well! My thoughts (what good they'll do) go out to the families in slave and area.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: i cant beleive this!!!

Nancy and i are hoping for the best, our thoughts are with you......

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i feel like i could just get sick! I'm in camp while my friends and family are losing everything!

I feel for ya mike!! Now I hear there's also fire in red Earth and its already taken a store as well.....this is only hearsay but holy chit man!! This wind needs to back the fawk off!!!!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I feel for ya mike!! Now I hear there's also fire in red Earth and its already taken a store as well.....this is only hearsay but holy chit man!! This wind needs to back the fawk off!!!!

I just heard the same thing from a buddy thats staying at noralta lodge.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my buddy Trent is the fire chief in Red Earth, he has been updating me on the fires and they have lost 2 structures in town so far.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy chit!! I'm scared for those people and for us too!! I've never been this close to forest fires and not being bale to find news on them is really stressing me out!! Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming I just hope everyone gets out!!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just watch the news 30% of slave lake town is burnt to the ground :(

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mike my heart breaks for you right now i can't imagine what everyone is going through...chin up my friend and keep us posted!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Town hall businesses all burnt. On CBC they just said for 5 seconds that large fire in Slave Lake AB now talking about some politician in States on some sex crime. Alberta 5 seconds other news not western Canada get more attention.

Good luck Slave Lake hope that all get out safe and sound.

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know

Town hall businesses all burnt. On CBC they just said for 5 seconds that large fire in Slave Lake AB now talking about some politician in States on some sex crime. Alberta 5 seconds other news not western Canada get more attention.

I was watching the news and said the same thing to my wife. Quality Canadian news channels, hell even Global Edmonton could be bothered to interrupt Survivor to focus on whats going on at home. PATHETIC!!:rant:
Lets hope there are a lot of survivors from this devastating disaster!!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this fire. I cant even imagine having to go through this...

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was watching the news and said the same thing to my wife. Quality Canadian news channels, hell even Global Edmonton could be bothered to interrupt Survivor to focus on whats going on at home. PATHETIC!!:rant:
Lets hope there are a lot of survivors from this devastating disaster!!

I could shoot these fawkers that run these news companies!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I work with REAS and we operate from Slave Lake with our parent company Tiger Calcium..in Mitsue. A number of our employees have lost there homes and our plant in Mitsue was very close to being burnt down before the wind changed and the fire started heading towards Slave Lake.

We operate from Wabasca too and I guess there were fires burning there earlier in the day. It is very bad.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

CTV's gonna have more at 11:30.
That's some crazy chit!!!
Not much they can do in that wind!!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I work with REAS and we operate from Slave Lake with our parent company Tiger Calcium..in Mitsue. A number of our employees have lost there homes and our plant in Mitsue was very close to being burnt down before the wind changed and the fire started heading towards Slave Lake.

We operate from Wabasca too and I guess there were fires burning there earlier in the day. It is very bad.

wouldnt that be chitty if tiger burnt down twice! jebus! I worked at tiger when i was 20ish with darryl and wayne. That place is haunted swear to god!

Top Bottom