Skinz Ski Guards instead of Super Glides?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone used these before?

Thinking of buying four sets of these instead of super glides for the new trailer.

And where can you buy these in the Edmonton area?

SKINZ PROTECTIVE GEAR

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those look like a PITA to me.

Specialty Sled is a Skinz dealer though, if thats the route you want to go.

:beer:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked super glides were roughly 120 a box if I remember right. And at 100 bucks per pair of skins it will probably be close to the same depending on trailer size? I'd go with glides over the skins myself.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of them. They are a pain in the ass. Had to modify them to make them easier to use, especially with the Gen 3 skis. The straps are junk, had to buy arctic tarp straps so they won't snap in the cold.
Pros, easier to move the sleds around the trailer, no lifting over the super glides to move the sled. Easier to walk on the floor in socks (summer if changing or camping). Easier to sweep the floor with nothing in the way or any where to trap water.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went sledding with captain extreme on here and he had those instead of super glides. They do what they are meant to do. Like said there is no super glides to step on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't see my self slipping on / taking off those booties for your ski's every time you have to load and unload the sleds.....and you are talking 4 sets....time consuming in my opinion.

Super glides also offer safety of walking on slippery surfaces......wait till you or one of your family members slip on the snow covered ramp of your trailer and land hard on your tailbone....you will wish you put on the super glides.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went sledding with captain extreme on here and he had those instead of super glides. They do what they are meant to do. Like said there is no super glides to step on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I use different ones, Those look like a huge PITA!!! I call the ones I have Ski Slippers, but can't remember the name, If I remember I'll post them, or take a picture when I'm home, Mine slipp on in 1 second and definatly save the fancy flooring in the trailer. I have 4 sets.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I use different ones, Those look like a huge PITA!!! I call the ones I have Ski Slippers, but can't remember the name, If I remember I'll post them, or take a picture when I'm home, Mine slipp on in 1 second and definatly save the fancy flooring in the trailer. I have 4 sets.
Are these them?

Tracks USA Ski Boots from Tracks USA

Or are you talking the ones made from SLP?

Thanks

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked super glides were roughly 120 a box if I remember right. And at 100 bucks per pair of skins it will probably be close to the same depending on trailer size? I'd go with glides over the skins myself.
24" ft straight wall, 4' V nose

It has that adavntech floor, but I am sceptical as to whether it would stand up to carbides.

Thinking of maybe just getting the floor sprayed with linex. At least then it is repairable.

But glides are definitely an option.

Top Bottom