Skidoo xm problem thread..........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wondering why at 230 miles Im now hitting the rev limiter. The clutch is set at number 1 and Im at 2200 elevation. This is the first time this has happened to me. I recently got the 10 hour service done and i did notice the dealer set my drive belt height 1/8 of an inch high on the secondary clutch could this be the cause of it. Also my tach shows 8200 when the rev limiter comes on.

Your belt height sounds about right. The top lugs of the belt should be above the secondary sheaves. Sounds like you need some more pin weight in your clutch.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been waiting two weeks for a handwarmer element! anyone else having issues? the dealer is telling me they are backordered from BRP. ive ridden it for 3 trips now without it so i'm sure i'll be ok but its a little annoying that BRP is having trouble keeping up with what seems to be a " high wear " part.

That is right. Elements are back ordered till the middle of March General. Not sure why? There has not been a huge run on them this year or no more than normal. Supplier issue maybe?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wondering why at 230 miles Im now hitting the rev limiter. The clutch is set at number 1 and Im at 2200 elevation. This is the first time this has happened to me. I recently got the 10 hour service done and i did notice the dealer set my drive belt height 1/8 of an inch high on the secondary clutch could this be the cause of it. Also my tach shows 8200 when the rev limiter comes on.

That belt height adjustment only affects the sled when it is idling and just launching from a stop. Once you are driving it doesn't do anything. All it does it limit how far the secondary can expand, which only happens when the clutch is disengaged from the belt. At least, that's my theory.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trent must be down east already raising the roof. BO list showed mid March a week ago.

Krule77

Reaction score
Seen two broken tmotion lower mounts on the hill this past weekend and one wrote off sled due to the skag catching a rock didnt even flip the sled. seems pretty brittle to me

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend broke his T-motion a couple of days ago. Same place as all the others. The welds broke at the axle on the rails. Luckily caught it before it damaged the track. 154X with about 900 miles. Ridden hard but not abused.

Same day another friend broke his sway bar. Snapped right where the chrome arm bolts to it. Same sled 154X. He said it handled better after it broke so he's not fixing it.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My coil went out at 1690 km. dropped to one cylinder two times. I just shut it off and restarted it. Ran great for a bit and then down to one cylinder again. Shut it off and restart. Rode 2 more days and no problem. Took it in and the check engine code was for faulty coil

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My coil went out at 1690 km. dropped to one cylinder two times. I just shut it off and restarted it. Ran great for a bit and then down to one cylinder again. Shut it off and restart. Rode 2 more days and no problem. Took it in and the check engine code was for faulty coil

Im having an issue with mine too, where it seems like the coils are cutting out when it warms up. no check engine light though, just won't rev, won't idle and starts hard .. let it cool off and runs for a couple of minutes and dies again.. luckily it made it back to the truck like that. will see what the dealer has to say! im at 2400 km

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire in the suitcase. Had problems with both exhaust sensors falling out but solved the problem 5000Km ago by wrapping some reflective aluminum tape on the thread. Had thesled in at the dealers for some small warranty issues one of them the heatshroud on the pipe. When the dealer put the sensors back in he didn't use mymethod and it fell out after the second ride. Looks like to much fuel was getting to the muffler and caught on fire. If your having problems keeping your sensors tight cut a 1/8" strip of aluminum tape and wrap it from the top of the sensor to the bottom and install.

Attachments

• IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 732

snowchick

Reaction score
My sensor fell out the other day as well. I have the Thing can but apparently it happens with the stocker too. Seems I read somewhere else about locktite or ?

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I use(d) a product called Anti-Sieze. A thick guey substance that you brush on. It prevents the heat from corroding the metal and possibly causing problems the longer the sensors stay in (ie the corrosion can cause the metal to fuse together and then the sensors are very hard to get out). 2600 kms and no problems.

It is available at CT and other auto suppliers.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5000km ago? You officially win with most kms this year on there XM
Fire in the suitcase. Had problems with both exhaust sensors falling out but solved the problem 5000Km ago by wrapping some reflective aluminum tape on the thread. Had thesled in at the dealers for some small warranty issues one of them the heatshroud on the pipe. When the dealer put the sensors back in he didn't use mymethod and it fell out after the second ride. Looks like to much fuel was getting to the muffler and caught on fire. If your having problems keeping your sensors tight cut a 1/8" strip of aluminum tape and wrap it from the top of the sensor to the bottom and install.

snowchick

Reaction score
I use(d) a product called Anti-Sieze. A thick guey substance that you brush on. It prevents the heat from corroding the metal and possibly causing problems the longer the sensors stay in (ie the corrosion can cause the metal to fuse together and then the sensors are very hard to get out). 2600 kms and no problems.

It is available at CT and other auto suppliers.
Thanks, I'll have to try that. On another note the clip that holds the muffpot in completely broke off so now we have to fix that too. My husband things it's junk but, I still love it.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have to try that. On another note the clip that holds the muffpot in completely broke off so now we have to fix that too. My husband things it's junk but, I still love it.

my clip broke off mine too in the first week . I also share the same thought with your husband on the muff pot .. mine's sitting on the shelf now

anyone wanna buy a muff pot stinger thing ? lol

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess there has been some issues with the RAVE Covers melting.... Apparently the heat from the Y-pipe ends up melting the bottom of the cover.... When I got mine back from First service they replaced my cover and left me the old one... The hole was double the size of a toonie!!!!!!!!

Anywho, a replaced cover and some reflective heat tape and hopefully its good to go!!!!

Top Bottom