Skidoo syn oil

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
Where is the best place to pick up a couple jugs of doo oil? And how much per gal jug? Thx in advance

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still use the coop xls synthetic in my doo's

On sale right now

48 for 5l jugs

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
Power Merchants had BRP oil on sale, tax inc. for 50 a jug
That's not bad my dealer says no discounts on oil ,just parts. At the last sled show , they had poo poo oil on for $40 a jug, with today's low oil prices they still gouge us, lol oh we'll what's a sledder to doo.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
riverside sale and martin motorsport are having big sales days this saturday. I bought a 5 gal pail couple years ago , worked out for less than 40 a jug.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use Shell Ultra Full Synthetic Snowmobile Oil..........Picked up a jug today ( 5 litres ) 52.00. Wallmart and Canadian Tire both Sell it,bought mine at Wallyworld!

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are not buying a true full synthetic oil for less than 10/litre unless there is some sort of sale. That's just the way it is. Even for motor oil. If you are getting "full synthetic" for less than that it's most likely a blended oil and the oil company is still allowed to still call it full synthetic. Bunch of marketing bs, bunch of legal battles awhile back involving different oil companies and from what I understand came out of it, they can now call pretty much anything full synthetic as long as some percentage of it is synthetic. Kinda like "organic food." Lol.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are not buying a true full synthetic oil for less than 10/litre unless there is some sort of sale. That's just the way it is. Even for motor oil. If you are getting "full synthetic" for less than that it's most likely a blended oil and the oil company is still allowed to still call it full synthetic. Bunch of marketing bs, bunch of legal battles awhile back involving different oil companies and from what I understand came out of it, they can now call pretty much anything full synthetic as long as some percentage of it is synthetic. Kinda like "organic food." Lol.
No Surprise there haha,I buy it with the theory of first of all its Shell,second it's 5 litre jugs and finally it's cheap but I'm thinking Shell does a little more reasearch on there oil products than Doo does, JMO but been runNing it in every sled I've owned for the last 6 or 7 years, ever since I blew up a Cat on Amsoil......Never had a issue with this oil.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Surprise there haha,I buy it with the theory of first of all its Shell,second it's 5 litre jugs and finally it's cheap but I'm thinking Shell does a little more reasearch on there oil products than Doo does, JMO but been runNing it in every sled I've owned for the last 6 or 7 years, ever since I blew up a Cat on Amsoil......Never had a issue with this oil.

Never had issue with shell and ran it for many years before my etec. Probably just fine, but I run doo oil now. I personally don't think shell does much research on 2 strokes as it's pretty small market share based on volume of oil they sell world wide, so I would skidoo does more testing than shell for this specific product line. Especially given they are handing out 4 year warranties when car manufacturers are only 3 years as standard.

hardcorex

Reaction score
Riverside had bulk synthetic on today for 38 a jug if you brought your own container

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy 3 get one free at martins. No limit either. I've got lots now.

Top Bottom