Skidoo 850 Updates 2017-2020

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled trigger today on a N/A 2020 doo 850 as it’s a 4th year and it sure seems like things are a lot more ironed out. The main thing that I only noticed today was in 19+ models there is a direct cold air vent, clutch literally pull cold air into itself. Stock shocks I’ve never liked so grabbed a set of doo specific fox rear shocks with lockout option. What else did they end up doing on these later years? Coolant bottle I know was one did they brace bulk head? Did they add any extra motor mounts in the later years?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of stuff. Cold intake, motor mounts, calibration, s module bracing, finned clutches, belt, suspension. Did I miss anything? Lol

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of stuff. Cold intake, motor mounts, calibration, s module bracing, finned clutches, belt, suspension. Did I miss anything? Lol

Did they go from 3-4 motor mounts? What changed in suspension

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2020 X and Freeride have improved running boards over the earlier models. All the goodies with the Expert model.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2020 X and Freeride have improved running boards over the earlier models. All the goodies with the Expert model.

I did see the running boards on the X today but that and a limiter adjustment did not seem to be worth it I bought the SP.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
They tweeted and shimmed the motor mounts so that they don't move as much but there are still only 3. Along with the cold air intake, it is like snopro added and they put fins on the outside of the secondary to move the cold outside air. The bulkhead was tweeted for the '18 models and as far as I know there have been no problems. I also think they geared them down one more tooth. Enjoy the ride and have fun!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled trigger today on a N/A 2020 doo 850 as it’s a 4th year and it sure seems like things are a lot more ironed out. The main thing that I only noticed today was in 19+ models there is a direct cold air vent, clutch literally pull cold air into itself. Stock shocks I’ve never liked so grabbed a set of doo specific fox rear shocks with lockout option. What else did they end up doing on these later years? Coolant bottle I know was one did they brace bulk head? Did they add any extra motor mounts in the later years?

Lots of stuff actually. Im assuming you got a SP???
To many update to list, the 17-18’s are different sleds that had recalls and in season updates to them.

The 19 and 20 MY are similar, the 20’s have some minor updates to them.
The 2020 expert is in a different league IMO, lots more upgrades to that sled.
The biggest update IMO is the 19+ engine oiling system.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To many update to list, the 17-18’s are different sleds that had recalls and in season updates to them.

Curious...what is the change to the engine oiling system?

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am curious about this(oiling) haven’t heard of it. Yes SP but I grabbed a set of rear fox lockouts as well for it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am curious about this(oiling) haven’t heard of it. Yes SP but I grabbed a set of rear fox lockouts as well for it.

Nice! The SP shocks are blah forsure.

The bottom plate on the engine got changed out and some lube lines relocated. This change increased the lube to the conrods.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't find any brp literature on that...plenty available on the motor mounts,clutch calibration etc?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't find any brp literature on that...plenty available on the motor mounts,clutch calibration etc?
Lots of updates that some don’t know about.
026b82bb49155b694ab8f9dcc01e8049.jpg

c9762127347fdf90a7bf1c4d894333b9.jpg

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the tracks were improved on the 19+ models?? I know they look the same but I heard more delaminated on the 17,18 models. Might just be tightened up quality control too.

Another thing I seem to notice is that the 2020 seems to run cleaner than the 2018 and 2019 that buddy has. I heard the newer flash adds more power but the side panels and running boards are not as smoke stained. That is a nice improvement.

Top Bottom