Skidoo 670 flooding

Core

Reaction score
I have a 98 summit that hasn't been used much in recent years my boy is just starting to ride it but it floods something horrible, always did if you rolled it or something but now it will flood to the point that I need to change the plugs if it even sits for 1/2 an hour

Anyone have ideas why it's flooding so bad

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find if you are stopped on even the smallesty incline mine will "flood " as well so now I make a effort to turn the shut off off. Also I have been told to adjust the needles in the floats.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 summit that hasn't been used much in recent years my boy is just starting to ride it but it floods something horrible, always did if you rolled it or something but now it will flood to the point that I need to change the plugs if it even sits for 1/2 an hour

Anyone have ideas why it's flooding so bad

"Hasn't been used much in recent years"?? has it been sitting for a while? Have the carbs been cleaned? floats might be stuck open.................or partially........

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember something about float arms coming from factory with a bit of a bend in them, if you straighten them out it reduces flooding quite a bit.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The needles and seats may be stuck in one or the other position, more than likely a bit on the open side. Brother in law has basically the same machine and it has not been started for two years til a week ago and we flooded it so bad that the motor was full of fuel. Pulled the carbs of cleaned up the needles, took out the plugs and pulled it over lots to clear out the excess fuel put it all back together and all good now. New needles and seats are approx $40 from ski-doo but can be had for less at aftermarket places. Most cats, ski-doo, run the same needles usually a 1.5 or a 2. Hope this helps I am not a mechanic but this is what we did and seemed to work:d

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take your carbs apart and flatten the float arms. Snip the excess length off and re-assemble. Should be a substantial difference. Did it to Brew_doo's 670 years ago and cured it!

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my 97 Summit 500. Cleanned the carbs and the flooding quit.

Billy Boy:cool:

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the same problem with mine when the ski doo is warm it floods. If I figure mine out I'll tell you what it is.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep the angle of the carbs are the culprit.

If the cutaway is open, it is worse. Just remember to blirp the throttle when going down a steep hill and turn off the fuel when parked in a DECLINE:d

Top Bottom