Skid plate options

maelstrom57

Reaction score
Just wondering about everyones experiences with skid plates. Looking at installing one on my '09 M1000 and I'm considering AC's HD version vs the Skinz Float option. Anyone have any thoughts on these 2 or any other versions. I run in an area with alot of hidden stumps & rocks and it sounds like good insurance. I've heard that snow/ice fereezing up between the skid and belly pans sometimes is a problem. My previous machine, a RX1, had a OEM skid and never had this issue. What about the AC M chassis and skid plate issues??

aksnopro

Reaction score
although the hd skid plate is a pain in the ass to install it is really worth it, it covers your diamond drive completly and your brake caliper side completly its the best coverage your going to get, and there is a spot between your ski and your track thats vulnerable, the hd skid plate covers this spot with nice little impact ridges! if your worried about it at all go with the HD!

05765scott

Reaction score
the one you are calling a heavy duty is it a cat part and if so would you have the number so i could try it out? thanks

maelstrom57

Reaction score
Here is a link to the Cat Accessory page. Not sure how to attach a direct link so just copy and paste it into you browser.

The HD part # is 5639-223

Top Bottom