skid frame swaps

colacowboy

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Old guy /newbie here. Been out of the sled game for a few years but diving back in thanks to some young friends. One of them recently purchased a 1989 Inydy trail. The perevious owner had swapped the rear skidframe to an extra 12 that i assume came out of an XLT (purple springs). It was obviously a trail sled because the track is small lugged & heavily studded. Now we are riding it out west in the fluff it is not working so well. Looking at the rear suspension the skid frame has been moved ahead & drop brackets added to the rear. Now the skidframe is angled up toward the front so that on level grouind only the back six inches of track touch the ground. looks to me like they took a longer skid & shoehorned it into the short track. So it looks like the solution is a longer track (with some lug to it ) but not knowing for sure where it came from can anyone tell me how long the rails are for a 133 vs 136" track (again assuming an XLT donor). & how much lug can i put in the Indy Trail with stock drivers?

Top Bottom