Ski options for powder/mountain riding

sizmasta

Reaction score
I cooked my skis riding on gravel last spring. Looking to buy aftermarket and would like some feedback on powder skis. I've looked at buying maybe skydogs or c&a pros. any suggestions guys? Is there a big difference from 7 inch to 8 inch?

thanx

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C&A are nice, never ran sly dogs, I currenty am running SLP Powder Pros with the side cut and love them, have them on all my sleds right now, I think they are great.

Last edited:

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I had simmons and didnt like them at all ont the trail, Simmons are desined for to be on an angle when the ski is turned, XP and Rev's turn flat, the spindle doesnt angle to allow the skis to work the way they are supposed to, they do work in powder but push in the corners on the trail, in my opinion.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Really? I had simmons and didnt like them at all ont the trail, Simmons are desined for to be on an angle when the ski is turned, XP and Rev's turn flat, the spindle doesnt angle to allow the skis to work the way they are supposed to, they do work in powder but push in the corners on the trail, in my opinion.

It's really a personal thing. My son likes them better on the trails as well on the Rev's.
It's always interesting getting Peeps input and how they differ.
On my 07 Rev I run the stock ski, very happy with it.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C&A are nice, never ran sly dogs, I currenty am running SLP Powder Pros with the sie cut and love them, have them on all my sleds right now, I think they are great.

I have got powder pros as well would you mind showing a pic of the side cut? I give it a go if its worth it?

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant tell you if its worth it or not, I never road with them not cut, did it right off the start, every thing i read said it made it better, took it for gospel i guess.
Ski Back1.jpg
Ski top 1.jpg

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how heayy is a ski all set up and ready to go on the sled... they look good, i am looking for all black

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the powder hounds 8" (slydogs) and I really like them but i also put them on right away so not sure if they are any better or worse then stock

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the 8" powder hounds on mine but I haven't taken them for a rip yet so I really have nothing useful to say.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the 8" powder hounds on mine but I haven't taken them for a rip yet so I really have nothing useful to say.

Got a ride out of them now and I must say they are pretty sweet! I really noticed the front end doesn't dive nearly as bad when your bootin thru the pow and then let off the go pedal.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a ride out of them now and I must say they are pretty sweet! I really noticed the front end doesn't dive nearly as bad when your bootin thru the pow and then let off the go pedal.

I have the same skis and noticed the same thing too. Defiantly keeps the nose up all the time

Top Bottom