ski doo xp running boards is there any that replace foot stirup

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there s lots of options for better running boards but what I need is one that replaces the foot stirrup aswell from the ones I looked it seems like they all keep the stock footwell it looks like air frames replace the stirrup on the Yamaha but not for doos.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love my diamond S boards but i wouldnt suggest buying them unless you arent afraid to modify/make parts, i had to make a support for the front and adjust a few of the bends to make it fit nicely.

Chromolly is phucking tuff to bend!!

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love my diamond S boards but i wouldnt suggest buying them unless you arent afraid to modify/make parts, i had to make a support for the front and adjust a few of the bends to make it fit nicely.

Chromolly is phucking tuff to bend!!

No issues installing them on a 11 xp

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those look pretty decent still looks like the stock foot stirrup needs to b used my right foot stirrup broke so I was wanting a one piece running board that replaces that just like the air frames do on the Yamaha but it's lookin like they all need that to stay I guess I'll be fixing that part either way

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a short solid aluminum rod in the broken section of the stirrup, bevel out the crack and reweld. Will look stock and will cost you the least. Even a 1" piece will serve as a good backer rod for the weld and strengthen the stirrup.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a short solid aluminum rod in the broken section of the stirrup, bevel out the crack and reweld. Will look stock and will cost you the least. Even a 1" piece will serve as a good backer rod for the weld and strengthen the stirrup.

i like the way you think but i have already fixed it once with a piece of ready rod and some big washers which held up great and i wrapped the broken piece with this fiber fix stuff that suppose to harden like steel and it did that part held up well but two rides later i hit a jump and landed in a place where most of the snow blew away so this time it broke right where it attaches to the tunnel at the top so looks like that piece needs to be replaced and it 140 bucks for a very simple part so either i find one off a parts sled or im thinking i make something out of steel.

so for the new running boards im liking the airframes or bareboards both are similar but im leaning towards bare boards since they are made in canada hopefully i can get ahold of them today seems that most places are backordered at the moment so who knows if they dont have any in stock does anyone know a shop in canada that may have airframes in stock?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Straighten as best you can and then get it welded together a d grind smooth.... I put a stump through the stirrup/footwell and they wrote sled off, so I bought it back after they settled $ and I straightened out with body man hammers and blocks and then had machine shop tig weld all cracks and breaks... Installed new foot loop and was good as new and couldn't see it unless you knew where to look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Straighten as best you can and then get it welded together a d grind smooth.... I put a stump through the stirrup/footwell and they wrote sled off, so I bought it back after they settled $ and I straightened out with body man hammers and blocks and then had machine shop tig weld all cracks and breaks... Installed new foot loop and was good as new and couldn't see it unless you knew where to look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tig weld is the way to go for aluminum. Good shop welder can make two passes to build up the area and make stonger than new. But if someone wants new boards.......why not!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure where you live but I am in Leduc and I will tig weld that for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure where you live but I am in Leduc and I will tig weld that for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a very nice offer neilsledder but thats a little far for me i live in north east sask (nearly manitoba border) but thank you if i was closer i would take you up on that.
I have sourced out a parts sled at a local dealer with the part i need they arent very excited about dragging it out of the snow to get the part but i think if i show up with a drill they will prob let me have the part for next to nothing (probably if i bring a couple beer with me)

Top Bottom