Ski doo xp 800 reeds

doostylz

Reaction score
Looking for opinions and past experience. What are the better reeds for a 2008 xp 800. Boysen or V-force. Already have aftermarket y-pipe and x-wing and going to get pipe coated. So just curious which in your opinions works best.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its such a minor mod to really determine which "works better" but as far as durability i would say boysen with the aluminum caging and whatnot. people complain about the vforce boots and reeds. mine are ok so far. but i would go boysen next time.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i have yet to see a complaint about v force boots, i know the stock rev boots in 05 a lower wer CRAP but thats it, but i have seen both reeds work well, i dont know if you would notcie the differnce between the two, but you will notice a differnce in throttle respose, it will be way more crisp

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have yet to see a complaint about v force boots, i know the stock rev boots in 05 a lower wer CRAP but thats it, but i have seen both reeds work well, i dont know if you would notcie the differnce between the two, but you will notice a differnce in throttle respose, it will be way more crisp

lol do some more reading. alot of people eat those those petals up

tom29

Reaction score
stock reeds make just as much power as v-force on the 08 and up. wouldnt spend the money on them if stock arent broken. better off puttin the money into a billit head or clutching.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that the reeds on the 800r motor where designed around the v force design so they flow the same.

doostylz

Reaction score
So which head would be best for the 800r. These opinions are a great help like to see what others have tried and see what has been working best.

tom29

Reaction score
So which head would be best for the 800r. These opinions are a great help like to see what others have tried and see what has been working best.

Terra Alps Racing Has a billit head for the 800R. 10 hp peak gain over stock and a solid 5hp throughout the midrange. i know of lots of guys with them on 800's and big bores working awesome.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a Motts head on a 08 XP, with V-force. Very happy. What is everyone running for main jets after this mod? I'm still stock but I'm going to try dropping one jet this year.

polarbeardn

Reaction score
Well, my mechanic said boysens were the best for the XP 800's and I went with them last year, coming from an AC family and an 03' 900 1M V-force is best for AC and Boysens are for ski doo! And I'm totally happy with them, there is a nice peppyness after you install them that wasn't there before!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give your self some time, to put these in, they are a biT(h.
Dont take the one bolt out all the way "you will know it when you see it" or you will have to pull the track off to get it back together. Thank "Glengine" for that helpful tip!

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give your self some time, to put these in, they are a biT(h.
Dont take the one bolt out all the way "you will know it when you see it" or you will have to pull the track off to get it back together. Thank "Glengine" for that helpful tip!

I wonder if that was my machine that Glen had the pleasure of figuring this out on.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that was my machine that Glen had the pleasure of figuring this out on.

Yes I was very greatful that he passed along that info. It's a big job without pulling the track.

For me the worst part was getting the bolts back in the fuel pump.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
pickup some v force reeds today. What are guys doing with the jetting?
i seem to be geting conflicting coments from the big shops. Are you guys talking about installing the reeds in that previous post?

Any words of advice would be great thanx

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
One of the latest sled magazines had an article comparing stock, to vforce to boyesens...... Boysen reed made 4hp, vs the vforce which was about the same as stock, but the vforce had better throttle response....they said the vforce "felt better" because of the better throttle response, even though the boysens made more power......

Top Bottom