Ski doo torques

revscribb

Reaction score
Hey there;

Just signed up today. Enjoying the sport for almost a year. A guy in Canmore AB sold me a sled that wasn't what he built it up to be. The motor blew after 200 K. I need HELP! Can anyone provide the correct torque sequence for 01 Sumit 800 Case? I'm told that correct sequence is critical. I'd like to get this thing together yesterday. Thanks!!!

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just go online, you can find anything if you search for it properly. I found all the torque specs when I redid an 02 800 summit for a friend. Then your not relying on someone who says they know.

Sorry, looked for you online but couldn't find torque sequence. Not sure if it really matters. I think the bottom and top bolts are a different torque though. I think you would just start on the bottom and work your way up. I took one off my buddy's sled a few years ago, and we didn't go by anything, we didn't even use a torque wrench, just lightly snugged them up, I think that is more important because you can twist off those bolts pretty easily. I would search for that. Sorry, I probably am just babbling for nothing here, wasting peoples time reading this.

Adrenaline Vince

Reaction score
With out looking in a manual, you start from the middle and work your way out. If the Heads of the bolt are 12mm then 18-22ft pounds. And you do know that you cant just use silicon right.

revscribb

Reaction score
Thanks. Good feedback so far. I've searched the net alot today too, that's why I've posted this. Yes I have the right sealer.(although that opinion varies too). I was kind of hoping for a scan of the page of the manual that shows the sequence. Thanks again!

Adrenaline Vince

Reaction score
Every case ive done it goes, the two in the middle,then crisscross and work your way out one direction then the other and so forth, till you get to the ends. Same as a uni head.

revscribb

Reaction score
Thank you very much posnick. Is there a diagram like that for the crank case?

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want all the details search the internet for shop manuals, just bought the full manual from shopmanualsonline.com for $12.00 cdn. Full diagrams specs the whole nine yards. Found one for my buddies 1989 Honda fourtrax for $6.00. Can't go wrong.

Top Bottom