Ski Doo summit help

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Is there anyway to adjust the rear suspension on a 2015 skidoo Summit rev XP 800
Its sagging an awful lot and won't rebound back up. So bottoming out all the time.
any ideas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 249

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I haven't had that problem since the 2008 XP. At that time we put in heavier springs. Some people were having trouble with the rear shock but that was years ago and I haven't read about very many problems in recent years.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also drill out a couple holes just behind the front mounting bolts on skid.
Pull skid back and install in new holes.
Leave rear alone.
This will reduce attack angle and stiffen up the back.
It's free and works.
Stiffer springs or spacers also work.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Do they have kits to upgrade the springs. he has ridden it with the 2-up seat on the back so he's about 190lbs and other 150lbs so over 300 lbs and gets
ridden on and off trails. sled wasnt on dollys. The only way to get the sled back up and pulling up on it and then sags right back down.
We dont want to drill new holes as its only got 600 miles and not even a year old. Would this be covered under warranty?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I would certainly take it in and try for warranty... doesn't cost anything to try, and maybe while they have it see if they would upgrade to a heavier spring?? never hurts to ask

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they have kits to upgrade the springs. he has ridden it with the 2-up seat on the back so he's about 190lbs and other 150lbs so over 300 lbs and gets
ridden on and off trails. sled wasnt on dollys. The only way to get the sled back up and pulling up on it and then sags right back down.
We dont want to drill new holes as its only got 600 miles and not even a year old. Would this be covered under warranty?
If you're riding two up on it you need stiffer rear springs. The dealer will know which ones to sell you.

Top Bottom