ski doo hydraulic cvt

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just reading snowtech magazine and there's an article about BRP filing a patent application for a hydraulic CVT. What's everyone think about that? Big step forward or just another over complicated system bound to cause headaches?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the couple paragraphs about how it works. Sounds cool.

Attachments

• IMG_20120930_151918.jpg
    IMG_20120930_151918.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 301

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Been around for years in Nissan vehicles my wifes car has one and I think it great and came with a 10 year 250,000KM warranty on the transmission.
One of the weird things with driving it is there is no gear shifting and when the speed it going up under acceleration the RPM's going down kinda screws with your mind wonder if it will be the same way.
Another thing is they run a steel belt that runs in an oil bath so nore more blown belts

CVT Trans Side View - Small.jpg

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug I just figured out how to post pics from my phone a couple weeks ago. Gotta figure out if I can rotate em on my phone

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very cool lets just hope they DOO give the rider control of the clutch by a control box or a valve or something. One thing is for sure its guna be a pricey unit to replace compared to whats out there now.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very cool lets just hope they DOO give the rider control of the clutch by a control box or a valve or something. One thing is for sure its guna be a pricey unit to replace compared to whats out there now.
You mean pricier than a $1200 TRA? Lol.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds heavy... two reserviors. Electronic soliends for pressure reliefs. and a crank drivin pump, which most likely will cost HP to turn. who knows, skidoo will work it out.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a little late on pattening it cause robert at the mod shop has had one for three or four years already.
he has built his own? i know they have used the CV tech one, posted the link to Mitch's rail that had one installed at his shop.

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they also used it on daves 2000 cc tripple. but the one roberts got has no pump or lines looks simular to a normal primary.i was thinking of trying one on my turbo two years ago but what i have runs awsome,and i didnt want the headachs of starting over agian.

Top Bottom