ski doo brake cover!!

blawley88

Reaction score
hopin someone may have the same problem....I noticed the other day my brake cover is dented in and rubbing on the disc...the cover seems super flimsy as its super thin metal so ive pulled it back out but I have a feeling this is goin to b an on goin issue. I looked at my friends sled which is same as mine and the brake cover seems to sit very close to the brake even when its not dented, is there any after market covers out there? or am I constantly goin to b pullin the dents out?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it ever being a problem.. Must have been a freak thing happen,
hopin someone may have the same problem....I noticed the other day my brake cover is dented in and rubbing on the disc...the cover seems super flimsy as its super thin metal so ive pulled it back out but I have a feeling this is goin to b an on goin issue. I looked at my friends sled which is same as mine and the brake cover seems to sit very close to the brake even when its not dented, is there any after market covers out there? or am I constantly goin to b pullin the dents out?

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Mines also dented but not rubbing not sure how it happened, don't remember ever hitting it very hard

jaredvh

Reaction score
Mine is also dented. Popped it out once but doesn't take long before its pushed back in again. Doesn't seem to be hurting anything so I wouldn't worry too much.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a sled skier and every sled Ive had the brake cover has been dented by my ski boots. Nothing to worry about. Never fixed one of them, never an issue. They all rub including my new XM. Dented on first 100km-not worried about it.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep every one of my covers gets trashed as well. It's just from my boot no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Mine dented also on XM and rubs from switching sides and boots hitting cover.
Just use a spring puller and gently bend back out using the brake disc as the leverage point. Good as new.
Happened on lots of my sleds but not really a big issue.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 13 xm is dented. Been like that since as far back as I can remember.

Top Bottom