ski doo 600 sdi exhaust

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 06 600SDI. i want something that is loud enough to turn heads but not retardedly loud. i've heard mbrp on a similar sled, i like that, any suggestions and where to get it? thanks

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Carefull those engines are Direct fuel injected and may not work as good when the exhaust is changed. Also what is it with wanting it loud. Buy a bigger sled if you want to make a statment to others or become a better rider and show your friends how well you can ride instead of how LOUD you can be. It also pi%$#@ off other people with the noise so keep the stock exhaust please:rant::beer:

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never said i wanted it annoyingly loud, and i am not trying to make a statement, i just wanted to lose some weight and make it a bit differnet from other sleds. besdies, ANY snowmobile makes lots of noise going by, and i live in the country so its not really a concern.
as for the fuel injection, i had heard that it actually makes it easier to modify the exhaust because the snowmobile will compensate itself for the differences brought with the change. not to sure about that and all i want to change is the second part of the exhaust, not the pipe. still mechanical problems in there somewhere?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 800r Doo with MBRP can and I love it not too loud just right, only $300ish and you should save 15ponds or so. I am not sure about the SDI being affected you may want to ask the dealer.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The MBRP cans sound great and are not abnoxious,some people actually like a bit of bark to their sleds SledderG.This is the cheapest and easiest way to save weight.the mbrp can will work on your sled,make sure you get one for the sdi only,it will have a port for the oxygen sensor and will cost a little more green.Just remember,LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES LOL:d:d:d

koko3052

Reaction score
Don't worry about buying one with the temp. sensor port. The port is std. metric thread so just weld on a nut and use your old sensor. Caution !!! make sure you weld it so the sensor is directly in the exhaust inlet. Caution !!! when taking out the sensor from your old pipe, heat the port until cherry red, otherwise if you jarr the sensor at all you'll need a new one, Almost as much as the can. $200.00. Experience talking. Bill.:nono:

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 06 600SDI. i want something that is loud enough to turn heads but not retardedly loud. i've heard mbrp on a similar sled, i like that, any suggestions and where to get it? thanks
I installed a dynaport on 800 H O 400 bucks i like the sound not sure if you can get one to install the sencer

skidoojar

Reaction score
i have a 600 sdi and am wondering if it is safe to put in water for 24 hours to make it louder? can anyone help me? thanks

Top Bottom