siped tires ???

z400

Reaction score
does anyone know if anyony sipe tires anound the reddeer area i cant find any info on it or if the tires have to be new to do it any help would be great.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I checked a few years ago Calgary was the closest place. Tires must be new, they don't want to fug up there blades on the gravel stuck in your tire. You can buy hand sipers pretty cheap on ebay if you have more time than money.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine down at Kal Tire in Enderby. I know it is a bit far for you but just to let you know Kal Tire does it. Also, they will do used tires as I have done 2 sets already over the past few years. They work awesome too!

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As as I know none of the Kal tires in Calgary do it anymore and was told only their Edmonton shop does it now.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brother got me a tire groover for christmas, i think it was around 60 bucks, we grooved and siped his toyo m55's and it worked great. i also use it to groove my dirtbike tires. since your only sappose to sipe about 1/8" deep its nice to have so you can redo the tires as they wear

this is the groover i have?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually pay $80 to get 4 done in Sicamous......they do used tires all the time because I get mine done 2-3 times for the life of the tire.......I just did the quad tires on my tractor with a razor blade knife......few years back I did my 33" on my suzuki sammy......never again! pay the money! oh and they run cooler in the summer and last longer too.......I sipe BFG AT and run them all year.....with the snowflake symbol!

z400

Reaction score
ive seen allkind of people in bc and montana with siped tires and havent noticed any here an ab i guess its because you cant find anyone that does it ive got a set of cooper sst that are horible on ice that i want done but cant find anyone to do it

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a set of Toyo M/T tires siped once. Cost 20 bucks a tire. Helped with the shitty winter handling somewhat. However, when I hooked back up to my 5th wheel the following summer, they evaporated. Worse than before. Grand total of 36,000 km on those tires. I wouldn't run Toyo M/Ts again, nor would I run a wiped tire in the summer towing heavy.

YMMV.

ridindirtym3

Reaction score
I have a set of Bridgestones i'd like to get siped in Calgary.. Travel up to Red Deer/Nisku once a week and to Med hat every couple, i've phoned around Calgary and can't find anybody who will sipe them for me, anybody who knows where i can get them done please let me know...

Thx

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody who knows where i can get them done please let me know...

Thx

was in at kal tire in red deer a week or two ago and they are just getting set up to do it...

the kal tire on 5030 67 st

might be a little longer till they can do it, ill be getting mine done there

Top Bottom