sims flex skis

dieselnomad

Reaction score
Does anyone think that after you have just spent $600 bucks that these just dont do it in the powder.my self personely am putting on the stock skis. better handling, sims are the shhit on trails but these machines are not suppose to be on trails,and mine is not,and handles like a phat ckick on the whiskey.it always feels like i am fighting the sled, it whats to right it self. and that is not always good.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have them on my M8 and it is day and night over stock. Going to take a little pressure off the front end , because it turns really quick. Just have to think about a turn and it is on its way.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think that after you have just spent $600 bucks that these just dont do it in the powder.my self personely am putting on the stock skis. better handling, sims are the shhit on trails but these machines are not suppose to be on trails,and mine is not,and handles like a phat ckick on the whiskey.it always feels like i am fighting the sled, it whats to right it self. and that is not always good.

check what ur suspension is set at the simmons are pretty aggressive....we have had really good luck with them... any issues it should be easy to resell them...

what do you have them on, and are u talking about the regular ones or the big wide gen2 ones?

terry

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my simmons, There awesome on the trail and in the powder. they are more aggresive so ya have to man up a little.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Simmons. I put them on at Christmas and have so far been very impressed. I find the steering effort is a little harder on the trail but they float 100 times better in the powder where it counts!

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i gotta say you must have put them on backwards or somethin cuz i got gen 1's on my nytro (cause the guys at T&T talked me out of gen 2's lol) and they are way better orver stock, they dont dart, they grab every corner tight and dont let go. however cant really say much about the deep snow ability just yet, havent rode it enough out west to say yay or nay on that, but on preliminary riding they seem just fine.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put simmons on and the differenc e is huge dosn't dart or wander on the trail. Work great in the powder would recomend them to anyone
awsome skis

m8cat

Reaction score
Had them on mine from day one and they are awesome over stock...although you have to lighten up ski pressure a little because they are aggressive

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they take my Simmons skis, they will pry them from my cold dead hands. I agree that the gen 1's are the way to go. Both gen 1 & gen 2's are cupped underneath to channel the snow in under the ski for lift in the powder. I'm very surprised that you don't like them. Check your toe out, They need a fair bit, like close to 3/8" when you measure 8" front and back. I sell a lot of them and can't remember one person that didn't like them. $600 is a little high for them as well, I sell'em for less than that.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a pair on my REV and like others have said, absolutely love em'. Probably the best mod i've done to the sled to date was changing the skiis.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the "don't care for 'em" camp. I tried them on a S chassis mod and didn't like them. I like them on my F chassis Mach Z though. Haven't tried them on a Rev yet since the pilot 6.9's seem to work pretty good.

kpelsma

Reaction score
I have a 09 stock apex 162" .....ive been told a couple of times to switch my stock skies. What does everyone recommend?:confused:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 stock apex 162" .....ive been told a couple of times to switch my stock skies. What does everyone recommend?:confused:

Don't like em. Had them on my 162" Nytro, went back to stock. Work better allround. I would like to try SLP powder skis.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

stk ski's suck. dart all over the place, buddy has simmons 2 and there way better, you should check your suspension set up.

farwest

Reaction score
When they take my Simmons skis, they will pry them from my cold dead hands. I agree that the gen 1's are the way to go. Both gen 1 & gen 2's are cupped underneath to channel the snow in under the ski for lift in the powder. I'm very surprised that you don't like them. Check your toe out, They need a fair bit, like close to 3/8" when you measure 8" front and back. I sell a lot of them and can't remember one person that didn't like them. $600 is a little high for them as well, I sell'em for less than that.

Im with him,check your ski alignment !!!

menace1

Reaction score
Love em, had em on my Apex, now on my nytro, gen2's that is, might try the gen 1's though because its a little hard to pull my sled on its side and keep it there.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Gen 2's on my Nytro and love them. I tried new All Terrain Spindles with them on my Nytro and the handling is really heavy though. Going back to regular spindles and keeping the skis. My son prefers the stock skis. The stock skis handle pretty good but the flotation in deep snow with the Gen 2's is unmatched

Top Bottom