silversands

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I was there once since they started grooming, and it made a big difference. That is why it is worth while joining a local snowmobile club.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the snowmobile club that did it it was my dads friend who was doing it and was going to try and get like a 15 $ charge per person so it would pay for his gas. That's nothing compared to how rough that trail is I'd pay that or more if it was smooth !

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can I ask this without sounding like an ass. You buy a membership from the club for the year. And on top of that you have to pay $15 per sled to ride the trail per trip. Whats the point of buying a membership then? Isn't it one of the perks of buying a membership is so you don't have to pay trail passes in certain places?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how the hell would get a groomer in there? You must be talking the road!!!!!!!!!!! its a bitch pulling a sled out of there cause the trees are tight. And as far as a sled club....................what a waste of time!!!!

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that it takes a lot of work and time to make a sled club seem worthwhile. It also takes volunteers and supporters. Very tough to get ahead if you are missing one or the other. I plan on buying a pass or two because I realize that without "givers" there may be a time that we won't be able to "take" anymore.

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was a private guy groming the the trail and he just wanted to pay for some of his fuel.as far as i can tell nobody or club takes care of the trail in there. our clubs in this area fsj,chetwand dont do ch!t for mountian riders and buying memberships here is a waste.if your going to buy a membership buy it in a place where its actually doing some good,like mcbride,or vailmount.they help fight the greenies and keep areas open,thease clubs up here could care less.we have some of the best hiddin riding areas in the north better enjoy them before there gone cause its coming to and end.

zx4ever

Reaction score
The problem with this area is the Oil patch mentallity, people just dont care and always figure someone else will do it ( i paid my money), To get people to come and volunteer is like pulling teeth. It would be easy enough to start a grooming program if someone would step up and look after it. Maybe instead of wining about the trails go to a meeting at a local club and do something about,

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stoped at the parking area yesterday at 7 pm. it was windy and +6. there is tracks headed up the slush
it looks like all the rain we got in pg fell in there as well, neerly no snow

mountainhunter

Reaction score
looked at the link and maps .then it was on the evening news . looks like silver sands,mt becker and calazon are going to be closed above 1400m. basically everything on the north or west side of highway 97 until you get close to PK .is this a done deal ? or is there still some process to go through . what is the time line ? also looked like the red deer /wapiti area is done as well . going to take out some prime riding areas . one thing i did"nt hear about was the loss of habitat due to the new coal mine that will employ nothing but chinese labour...wtf .. coal mining in north eastern bc has ruined more habitat for every species than any other industry or recreational group put together. i might sound like a oldtimer but i remember when the chikano pit tailings pile slid into the murray river, what a mess changed the river course , filled the river with mud coal dust etc..any problems for quinttete coal ,nope business as usual. willow creek mine now has property under licence on the same mtn range [moberly herd] as silversands becker etc..i understand the need to protect the caribou but i think industrial activity has considered as a major reason for the loss of habitat.

Top Bottom