Silverback x lites any experince, thoughts how they do?

600rmk

Reaction score
Hey there everyone just wondering any one know how the new Silverback x lites perform? going to add some different tires when I get my new quad. Would love to get an aggressive mud tire like regular silverbacks, mudzillas but a bit worried about the being to hard on the quad! ANY THOUGHTS/OPINIONS/EXPERINCE

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of quad? I run 28" silverbacks on my outy 800. Had them on my grizzly 660 before. Works well and haven't broken anything, but I know guys have. Depends on your throttle use in certain areas.

600rmk

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! will be putting them on a 2014 outlander 650 xt, I will be doing lots of hunting with my quad mostly riding a mix of all kind of riding! I really love ripping through the mud so I do want something good in the mud! It good to here u have had good luck with ur backs not breaking anything, I usually ride my quad fairly easy but when my friends and I get together we go out riding for fun so I get more throttle friendly than!

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you love playing in the mud , go with a mud tire. Outlaws , silverbacks , terminators
But that's just my opinion. I thought the same as you about being hard on chit but went with a set of outlaws and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just need to use common sense when running that type of tire and you will be fine. if I was to do it again I would probably go with a set of 27's instead of 28's. They are not much smaller but are cheaper

600rmk

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yea I love the look of the terminators look awesome! Will I need clutch work if I go with 28" ?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutch work is not required. i have run my quad for almost 3 years now with 28" silverbacks.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends where and how you ride....as to wether or not you need clutch work. If you ride just trails, you would
Be fine for example. On the other hand if you ride thick sticky mud some clutch work might be in order...
It is not as easy as just "tire size"....

Just my 8 $.......

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutch work is not required. i have run my quad for almost 3 years now with 28" silverbacks.
How many belts? Like Rzrgade said, sure you CAN forego clutch work, but I prefer the performance gain by running better clutching. On my 07 Outlander I ran 28 Laws, then 30" Zillas for 5 seasons and I sold it running the same stock belt....still looking good and in spec. That machine was under water and in goop every weekend.

My suggestion would be to skip the "light mud tires" (Zillas, Mudlites, Mudbugs, Silverback x-lite, etc) and go for Silverbacks or Outlaws....run a clutch kit for a bit more belt grip...utilize LOW range when in the goop....and give'r.

Last edited:

600rmk

Reaction score
10/4 any suggestions on which clutch kit to do? What about the mudzillas how do they work? Terminators are my favourite looking tire but I think they are pretty costly! My brother has some 28" mega mayhems they seem to work very well in the snow! Have not had them in the mud yet!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dalton, QSC and VF John all make reputable clutch kits. The Dalton is most common and works well. I would stay away from EPI "kits" since I think they just consist of springs. You have a good dealer in PA (Pines)...give them a call and see what they have. They may try to sell you on a full aftermarket primary clutch....and they aren't wrong on that recommendation (that's what I run), but it is just taking it to the "N'th" degree. Like WildOne says....he runs 28's with no clutch kit.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use my Brute force 750 for work, hunting, trails and mud. so far i love my 27'' zillas. It had swamplites on it and they are good trail tire....thats it!! If i was doing more mudding i would go with the more aggressive tires. For what i do, the zillas are perfect.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will have to give them a call! Any experience with the mudzillas?[/QUOTE

Though i love Maxxis tires ,stay away from mud zilla`s. They are a poor design,the lugs are on too much of an angle and that leaves no space to bite so to speak......They won`t climb over a 5 inch wet log with them ,same coming out of a slippery hole. They are heavy as well.....

If you ride MOSTLY mud: Outlaws ,silverbacks ,monster rmayhems.....ETC (there are a few others)
70% mud/trail....Terminators,outlaw radials, mega mayhems, new STI out back max....30 inch zillas..etc.
Trail ....the rest.......

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on the stock belt. My suggestion is to ride the quad for a few months. If you are not happy with it then get the clutch kit. At least then you can form your own opinion. I have seen too many guys wasting cash on stuff that is "required" but did the mods before trying it out and getting a base feel for the machine. One mod at a time.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on the stock belt. My suggestion is to ride the quad for a few months. If you are not happy with it then get the clutch kit. At least then you can form your own opinion. I have seen too many guys wasting cash on stuff that is "required" but did the mods before trying it out and getting a base feel for the machine. One mod at a time.

Good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwampRatt

Reaction score
I"ve ran 28" Mudzillas for 5 years now on an outlander, no clutch kit, no snapped axles to date. The machine lives in low range most of the time, it's an 06 and only on it's second belt, and it's been through hell. Pretty heavy to steer with no power steering. I'm sure there are better mud tires out there but the Mudzillas have served me well

600rmk

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advise guys I wish maxxis made a super mud bug I bet that would be a great tire! I was really set on the x lites but they don't make them in 28" for a 12" rim, and i heard the 27" only stands 26" so there out of the picture that's why I am looking for advise! I love the look of the terms but I think they are really costly! Well ill keep looking around! ANY one try the tiger tail tow system? How's it work?

Top Bottom