Silver Sands fire

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, below are three pics of the fire that razed theSilver Sands Cafe on Saturday morning.
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 305

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last photo is what it looked like when I rolled by it....very lucky that the bush didn't catch on fire

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that would have been a much bigger disaster especially with the dry weather. My son and daughter were in one of the cabins on vacation from Alberta; that was their grandparents operation.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very sad for sure, were there any injuries?

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No injuries just lost possessions and broken hearts but at least they heal faster than third degree burns.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jim and Sherri are safe and sound. Very upset, and just like ChillySeven said, broken hearts. They had all their possessions in that place. Forestry showed up with a chopper and some men. They were able to save his sawmill and the two cabins, which was getting close to join up with the radiant heat. Unfortunately, they had no insurance...insurance would have been if you can believe $106,000 a year. Anyways, there is a donation page I do believe that will be set up if anyone is interested:

Chilly, which one was your son? We were there yesterday for a few hours.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son is Ethan (13 years old) and my daughter Madison (12). I haven't been able to contact anyone since Saturday when I spoke to my wife and she sent me those pics on her way to see Jim and Sherri . I am up in Red Earth Creek working nites for two weeks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom