Silver Mines

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone make the trek into the Mines yet???
I know most people won't venture in there in good conditions, let alone risky conditions........but I know there are few out there who will risk it for the fresh trails :d
I'll be looking to go in when I'm home in mid to late Jan.

Play safe out there

RN

Last edited:

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha when i drove past 17k marker I thought about it pretty hard,was looking at going before the cold spell,and when oler got to silent staging area he said same think:p,its on the Mind:d I'd be looking to go after sunday if anyone's in Let me know:d calling for lots of snow again which means will get it n the back ranges for sure

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did have a smart ass answer typed but I will refrain.

What would the danger level be going into the Silver Mines with the Avy hazard?

I've only been in there in the summer.

Has anything slid in there yet?

I was told it best be left for later in the year.

Just wonderin

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said, most won't go in there yet.....but that won't stop some of us!!!
Just saying that some people don't want to take that risk yet & yup, it needs to slide to cover up some of the creeks in there & knowing that stuff is still hangin' ????? You know I'd be there Carbon!!!;):beer:

RN

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did have a smart ass answer typed but I will refrain.

What would the danger level be going into the Silver Mines with the Avy hazard?

I've only been in there in the summer.

Has anything slid in there yet?

I was told it best be left for later in the year.

Just wonderin

That"s Y Im looking to go,need to see for myself what valley looks like whats come down...,and yeah it could end up just being a really deep trail ride.as its been snowing pretty hard last 2 days

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said, most won't go in there yet.....but that won't stop some of us!!!
Just saying that some people don't want to take that risk yet & yup, it needs to slide to cover up some of the creeks in there & knowing that stuff is still hangin' ????? You know I'd be there Carbon!!!;):beer:

RN

I should be around then let me know when your going and I will try to make it down for that its been a few years since I have been in there, great place once your in!:d

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey! nos,if you want go, just let me know every days good for me,if thing's are good will need the horsey's to get in.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool I may have to come out there right after the new year i will be in touch.:d By your location it looks like your kinda right on the way there...lol.:d

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gave wakeskake18 directions and they seem to find it...last weekend...settling ponds sounded really fun,but they didn't do Big climb as visabilitly was bad...oler1234 is headed in sat or sun and I think mike was planning on riding in one of thoughs days.....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so i though i would post up the reply for this area.

The mission: get to top of 100hp hill eat some lunch and go home

The machines: 2008 summit x 860 kit
2008 summit x 860 kit w nitroud
2010 M8

mission failed haha it took me 3 hours to get from the tailings pond to the base of the water fall. After hitting the water fall for about 2 hours striaght and only making it up less than half the way, i gave up. Rode avy snow as far as i could with no success. Top of the water fall had a clean 1.5m plus, i mean u come down hill up to the elbows type stuff.

and no body will belive me cause i have no pics but there were only 3 of us in there out of the 40 trucks up in silent, hahaha paradise.

ATTENTION: please due note avy conditions up there are extreme right now, only 2 of the 8? have come down, the creek is still open and not covered. Couple of the majors came down mearly hours before we got there, on the way out 3 trees collapsed on the trail, sluffs everywhere.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, not surprised you didn't make it in! We hit Silent...saw a few guys heading in the mines, but with the very high avy danger and nothing sliding in there yet, seems like most riders went the safe route.:)
Believe you on the snow, we had 3 feet easy of fresh at Silent too and even with all the trucks, we had untouched all day long! The alpine was a bit less/settled and blown but the trees were too deep if that's possible! :d

wakeskate18

Reaction score
We made it up 100 HP hill (or so you call it) past the waterfall and on your right once you are above the waterfal. we were there a week ago and there was noone else in there.

i made a quick video of the trip and posted in another thread under golden jan8-10 video. check it out. you can see the big climb in the video with a slow zoom out. damn i am good:d:d

we got to the top of the big climb and it was a white out...but tons of fresh powder!!:beer::beer:

will be going back when the other 40 trucks are in silent. just dont start telling people about it!!!!!!!!!!!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me know when ur coming love to see/hear them turbo's:cool::d should be good light next couple

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
read the above post... for the silver mines i would say basically none have come down yet. I would expect they came down sometime this week. Was up in there last weekend

Top Bottom