Sidewinder Review

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I put close to 200km on the new sled this weekend in the hills and I can say I'm happy sled truly has the always on feel even for boosted machine narrow stance allows for easy ability to throw machine around even stock clutch settings were good. I added a coupler and that is necessary to keep skis down for climbing also threw on straight pipe for weight savings. Coming off a higher hp sled I'm sure I will eventually upgrade to the 250hp tune or whatever the upper end is on pump gas. https://youtu.be/aNcP3C_Qtfk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post some of your thoughts on this machine, power, handling and general over all thoughts pls.
I'm in the market for a new sled but i personally don't give a rip about brand, unlike many on here, they are all nice and junk in their own ways.... There is alot of hype on certain brands, so easy to find those reviews and weed out the gimmicks and BS but would like to hear more about the Side winder. I will be riding all of them this year, including a couple of snowbikes. It might be my new ride. I'm in no hurry as i will be taking the season to do this and purchase in the spring.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Machine pulls all of its 200hp all day long we did some tree riding and I was easily able to manover it around at least 3 times over weekend I pulled hard enough it came right over on me as it turns so much easier than the old nytro. Rear suspension held up well I had 150psi in rear shock but kiss coupler was defiantly needed while climbing to keep skis down. My opinion is it handles similar to an 800 but way more power at elevation. When you get it stuck you still feel that extra 70lbs. I was close to buying a T3 this year as I was so impressed with them however by the time I strap a turbo on it even buying used your similar price without the reliability and you have to pack fuel. I'm not a guy that would be happy on a stock 800 we ride to much in areas where we're punching our own trail. I will be seeking that extra 50hp eventually make sure everything goes well for first 500km before voiding warranty with reflash.

APEX 1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I to am interested in the performance of the sidewinder keep the no BS info coming

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^X2
Plus if you have any issues, mechanical or electrical or any, please post it.
Atleast the guys with the Doo's are not shy of posting issues they are having.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My issue last ride was I seemed to keep running low on fuel towards end of day know any fixes?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My issue last ride was I seemed to keep running low on fuel towards end of day know any fixes?

LOL, sounds to me your having to much fun :cool:
Not quite the permagrin sled though without the 250ponies i suspect.

Last edited:

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it floats and carves with ease I want one !

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old sled was running 18psi had it dyno'd at 285hp but seemed to have to clear her throat especially in and out of throttle that's the biggest difference I find crisp response on winder yammie has done well with that. I actually had to turn out a few times with new machine can't say I'm used to that usually pick whatever line you want and hang on! Because the sled is designed for the boost I suspect nothing much will change when adding extra hp I'm leaning towards mcxpress power up as they just seem to be trouble free and solid most aftermarket kits nowadays are actually built with there similar design.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Looking sweet. I just spun my first couple days on a Sidewinder. Totally impressed with the entire package. Couple buddies with were as well. Suns coming out the next several days.........gonna be awesome.
Cheers
RS

Top Bottom