side x side hauler

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may be in the market for a side x side and a side x side hauler

anyone have any experience with these ?

cant figure out if the crosstrax one is universal or they custom build to a machine ? + it looks a bit scarry to load on :chicken: . would like to ask them but they never seem to answer the phone
Cross-Trax

http://flrecdecks.com/index.php/recreational-decks-home/products/utv-angle-deck . Full lotus one is amlost as much as the side x side :rolleyes:

anyone know of other option ?

thanks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't say I like them. Too high and risky to load. You need to figure out what sxs you want to buy then go from there. If you can use a regular sled deck it is a little safer. Or use a trailer like most.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're not bad to load on too. I have the M-line one that bolts onto my deck. I got it so I can haul my camper at the same time. You definitely know the sxs is up there when driving down the road but a little common sense and you'll be fine.....oh wait am I allowed to use that term?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't say I like them. Too high and risky to load. You need to figure out what sxs you want to buy then go from there. If you can use a regular sled deck it is a little safer. Or use a trailer like most.

I've tried both and the UTV ramp is the safest way to go over a sled deck... Don't ask how I know...
After using a UTV ramp for a summer I moved onto a Toyhauler and it is way better.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 ish feet wide, and 14 feet tall.

Top heavy and hard on gas since its like adding another 4x8 chunk of ply-wood to push down the hwy. Pal thought it was a good idea which it is so long as one is doing close local runs, but long distance and steep ditch access to staging areas make unit tippy.

Best bang for the buck is a flat deck trailer, 1 ton with 9 or 10 foot deck, or toy hauler. Dual wheels add stability with the 2000 lb units, and center of mass lessons tip-age, better arrow dynamics that saves on fuel to.

Pal Don with my spare change !

PS: If you choose this path, add extra fuel tank

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my setup but no camper just machine.
95a9eff479203851f041e0b09dfeff51.jpg
56adc32cd81c22c58a593535e39dbf7b.jpg

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 2 ramps build to fit inside box over the wheel wells. Works great when pulling the trailer. Otherwise I use a flat deck trailer when I am not pulling the RV.

truck and trailer.jpg

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure how to add pics but we have the crosstrax double d hauler which is the one up over the cab and it is very well built!!!!
they do custom make them to your truck machine. M ay have some stock not sure.
the ramps are 12' long and i have no issues loading a teryx 4 and hauling it around. (i do have a dually) but no different than a camper.
If you go on their facebook page mine is the black dodge dually with the orange teryx 4
Of coarce a flat deck trailer is nicer simply because you dont have to crawl around up top to tie down however if you have 28" or smaller tires you can get a set of super clamps which would make it a breeze,
unfortunatly they will not work with my 30" rubber but may make something in the future

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have one handy but I can take one for you. Yes I had our local machine shop build me an extension of 18 inches if I recall. Had them also weld a nut on the top of the hitch so I could thread a bolt thru the ball hitch hole on the bumper just to add more strength to the manufacturers hitch.

You got a pic of the hitch set up?is it extended?

Top Bottom