Side by Side Vs ATV

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More and more I've been looking at the Side by Sides and wondering if it's worth it to go and trade in my ATV (or sell it) and get myself a Side by side.

I love the concept of it being more like a 4x4 but smaller.... and driving like a car but the small size and storage of an ATV is also nice.

Im usually doubling someone anyways.... so it'd be more practical, but what are some of the draw backs to having a side by side vs an ATV?

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only draw backs are the weight, you get stuck real good, the width, it's amazing where I can get through but can take a lot of back and forth and boy would power steering be nice, that's about it, I will never give mine up for a quad, Every time I go out with someone new they are amazed what this thing will go through.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only drawback I find is my atv buddies throw all their garbage in the box of my rhino,.. or I have to haul everyone elses supplies apart from my own.

Other than that, drive and have fun.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only drawback I find is my atv buddies throw all their garbage in the box of my rhino,.. or I have to haul everyone elses supplies apart from my own.

Other than that, drive and have fun.

But the good thing about that is your carrying the cooler of refreshments:d and they never leave you in the middle of a mud hole for long

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But the good thing about that is your carrying the cooler of refreshments:d and they never leave you in the middle of a mud hole for long

Haha ya, here is a good example,

Attachments

• bestfriends.JPG
    bestfriends.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 226

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good point...I pack the cooler on the wifes rzr...:d:beer::beer::beer:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must be the odd one out!! I like my quad... i can take it into much tighter spaces, I can jump over trees, and i think i have more clearence. I think it really depends on what you want to do with the machine to help you decide what will work best for you.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the only thing I can say is, there use to be one at the lake (Mudboy)then Me, and now there is four and that's in one year year. Every time we go out I see a couple more.
I tarp mine in now, turn on the heat(13000 btu ) put on an old snow suit and go and enjoy the day:rino:

Top Bottom