Sick and F$%^&ng tired

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone tries to sell you a brand new Greenlee 555DX pipe bender cheap, do me a favour and shoot them in the face. Brand new, delivered on 15 Dec to job site at Londonderry Mall stolen over Christmas break. Worth about $7500. I'm so sick of these douchebags. Generator and hotsy stolen out of our shop seacan last year. trailer and 3 sleds stolen the year before.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone tries to sell you a brand new Greenlee 555DX pipe bender cheap, do me a favour and shoot them in the face. Brand new, delivered on 15 Dec to job site at Londonderry Mall stolen over Christmas break. Worth about $7500. I'm so sick of these douchebags. Generator and hotsy stolen out of our shop seacan last year. trailer and 3 sleds stolen the year before.

Sucks big, Likely to get worse as the recession gets worse. Hope you catch em

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sea Cans are not invincible... more or less nothing is. Maybe a double hulled Sea Can would slow them down enough though - or a 347 volt force field...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sea Cans are not invincible... more or less nothing is. Maybe a double hulled Sea Can would slow them down enough though - or a 347 volt force field...
all it takes now is a cordless grinder......

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
We weld ours up if we are not going to be on jobsite for awhile.
A few good tack welds.
Nothing is safe these days.
We were gone from house for two hours and the little bastards got us.
Brand new 3000 watt honda, pressure washer, air compressor and lots of tools.
Never recovered any items but did community justice was served. Someone always seems to talk.
In this case to much.

Doors locked on sheds, Chains and locks through door also.
Never slowed them a bit.

The **** deal is that it was not worth claiming on insurance because insurance costs would go up for a number of years. Yo the point that the insurance company wins......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with a recession, has everything to do with lazy ass nucker that don't want to work and buy their own ****.

yes it has lots to do with lazzy azz people, but I'm afraid it is going to get worse. i've seen it time and time since 81. and it is escalating now. Alberta"s booming economy usually attracts the unsavory types from other provinces and area's first because they have no jobs and are lookin for easy money. when jobs dry up they do what they know best,

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To lock up our sea cans we use a 3/8" plate steel box ove the lock on handle so a grinder can not get to the lock nor can a pry bar get to the lock. Would take a couple grinder blades to cut the box off. A fairly extreme deterrent but nothing is bullet proof, on the other hand we have never had a sea can broken into incuding the ones in town in Ft. Mac which has a couple low lifes crawling around like every other city.

Harder to get the key to the lock but hey it still has not been made legal to guard and shoot!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To lock up our sea cans we use a 3/8" plate steel box ove the lock on handle so a grinder can not get to the lock nor can a pry bar get to the lock. Would take a couple grinder blades to cut the box off. A fairly extreme deterrent but nothing is bullet proof, on the other hand we have never had a sea can broken into incuding the ones in town in Ft. Mac which has a couple low lifes crawling around like every other city.

Harder to get the key to the lock but hey it still has not been made legal to guard and shoot!

They don't need to make armed and dangerous guards legal. They just need to make boobytraps legal. That would take care of all theft - some by deterrent, some by "natural" selection.

togo ripper

Reaction score
I seen a green lee 555 pipe bender for sale on kijiji in P.A. Sask might be worth a check into ad#1041614884

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't need to make armed and dangerous guards legal. They just need to make boobytraps legal. That would take care of all theft - some by deterrent, some by "natural" selection.

Make like a color spray of unwashable ink set to a motion sensor on lock. Bastage gets colored in spray that won't was off, but then he would have to go out and steal new clothes but maybe he could be glowing purple for a week or two.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/prince-albert/greenlee-555-electric-conduit-bender/1041614884

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen a green lee 555 pipe bender for sale on kijiji in P.A. Sask might be worth a check into ad#1041614884
Thanks. Looks like vendor never recorded serial # of the unit (if they even have one) and none of our documents have a serial # so even if they find it.......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like vendor never recorded serial # of the unit (if they even have one) and none of our documents have a serial # so even if they find it.......[/QUOT

yup it is gone, sorry to hear, just what pawn shops like to hear. no serial #, no identifying marks, it's gone. i have been there, $48,000 worth.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it has lots to do with lazzy azz people, but I'm afraid it is going to get worse. i've seen it time and time since 81. and it is escalating now. Alberta"s booming economy usually attracts the unsavory types from other provinces and area's first because they have no jobs and are lookin for easy money. when jobs dry up they do what they know best,

yes and add crack and meth to that and you have zoombies hell bent on stealing to pay for their addictions... shot the drug dealers too and you will go a long way into solving the problem

stop buying from pawn shops... this would help too... a meth head has to steal about 4000k in value a day to support their habbit... its figured they are happy to get 10 percent value of what they steal... i have heard guys getting 400 bucks for a brand new quad they stole... so who is really profiting? Figure that out and go after them too

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes and add crack and meth to that and you have zoombies hell bent on stealing to pay for their addictions... shot the drug dealers too and you will go a long way into solving the problem

true dat! but eliminate the drug dealers and people will find something else to lean on. it's no win situation, that is not going away anytime soon. pretty soon u won't have anyone else to shoot.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like vendor never recorded serial # of the unit (if they even have one) and none of our documents have a serial # so even if they find it.......

Punch unit numbers into all your tools. Should anyways to document any repairs or when they are flagged not for use and such.

Top Bottom