Sicamous slide kills one Jan.18-2010

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tuesday, January 19th, 2010
BREAKING NEWS — Former Waskada man dies in avalanche
Brandon Sun

A southwestern Manitoba man was killed on Monday when an avalanche struck the southern British Columbia mountain area where he and three other friends were snowmobiling.

Chad Temple, a Sylvan Lake, Alta. resident and formerly of Waskada, was killed when an avalanche hit the Queest Mountain area, near Sicamous, in the B.C Interior, late on Monday evening.

Temple's family were told by one of the other men in the snowmobiling group that Chad was swept away by a small avalanche while trying to help one of the party's men who had gone off an embankment with his snowmobile and been injured.

That man sustained two broken legs and had to be airlifted out of the area, while the two other men were not injured and made it out of the area safely on their machines.

Rescuers located Temple's body around noon on Tuesday.

Chad, 30, had been living in Sylvan Lake for a number of years and loved to snowmobile and loved the outdoors, his father, Bob, told the Sun.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family in this time of need

M7ZR6

Reaction score
God speed to my good friend Chad. Thank you for being the person you were right to the end. Life is too short make sure that you take the time too let your loved ones know how much you appreciate them.

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear it. RIP Chad.

I loose a little desire to ride every time I hear of a tragedy like this. I think about bringing my boys into this sport of ours and wonder if it's worth it. Could I live with myself if I lost one of them in an avy...?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW that sucks.
My condolences to everyone that knew Chad.:(

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
R I P Chad and condolances to your loved ones.They are the ones its hard on.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just found this....very sad here. I rode with Chad several times and quadded a few times. A great all-round friend. I will drink a Greyhound to him.....(he got me on to those in Revy one weekend)

Crazed

Reaction score
Very sad!! Prayers to all of his friends and family. Well wishes also extended to the sledder he was saving

Top Bottom