Sicamous Missing Sledders

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else see this, or have any more info???

Search on for missing snowmobilers near Sicamous
Published: Monday, March 30, 2009
A search is underway today in the Sicamous area for three snowmobilers overdue near Blue Lake.

Search and rescue officials along with an RCMP helicopter are involved in the search.

According to the Canadian Avalanche Centre, the avalanche rating is considerable in the alpine area in that region.

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good news , they found the other 2 safe. I didn't hear any other details except the 3 stayed by a campfire over night and were reported missing.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats good news, we dont need any more bad news thats for sure...
'

be safe peeeps

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Yup glad they're safe, too bad about the fellow in Golden but at this point in the game it's not like you don't know about the dangers. Kind of makes one look stupid to get caught in one now doesn't it!:(

cwhiting

Reaction score
Great to hear, I'm happy everyone is safe. I agree it's been a very sad year, hopefully what's left of the season will be better.
Sympathy goes out to the Hay family.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear that they are safe. Like someone else said, be interesting to know what their story is

Last edited:

KingCatz

Reaction score
There was a bunch in southwest alberta that were missing too. They were found as well. This is still bad media IMHO. Too much news about sledders lately.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! A story with a happy ending. I think that's the first one this year.
Great to hear everyone is okay! :)

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finnally some good news about lost sleeders,would like to no why out of 3 machines 1couldnt be rode out?

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Thanks for the concern guys! We we up sledding Sunday , awesome 2 and a half foot dump up high. Had a blast in the meadows. Long story short. Three friends of mine went off and got into a 1500 ft. creek bed drop/ gorge and got stranded for the night. (we were riding separate from them). We were alerted that evening of them missing, and called rcmp, intern, alerted SAR. WE arrived in the morning to search for our friends at 7 am and Search and rescue was there set up and ready to go! Very impressed! A friend and I were up the hill at 7.30 am and arrived at the blue lake cabin only to find that no one had been there since the day before. We were both worried about the avalanche danger having so many recent casualties lately also both being involved in the recovery of the casualty rescue earlier in Jan at owls head. We searched for a while and heard the sound of our SAR radio reporting sighting buy rcmp helicopter, the guys walking out. What a relief! Finally a good story to report! We are so pleased for the quick effort of the rcmp and SAR. The rcmp chopper picked these guys up and brought them to the cabin. Guys, this is a story with a good ending for a change, thank God!
Hats off for the quick response of the rescue team and the rcmp heli team that found them so quickly! Oh! did I say 2 and a half feet of pow,... Sorry, Its all tracked up.... Ride safe people!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thanks for the concern guys! We we up sledding sunday , awesome 2 and a half foot dump up high. Had a blast in the meadows. Long story short. Three friends of mine went off and got into a 1500 ft. Creek bed drop/ gorge and got stranded for the night. (we were riding separate from them). We were alerted that evening of them missing, and called rcmp, intern, alerted sar. We arrived in the morning to search for our friends at 7 am and search and rescue was there set up and ready to go! Very impressed! A friend and i were up the hill at 7.30 am and arrived at the blue lake cabin only to find that no one had been there since the day before. We were both worried about the avalanche danger having so many recent casualties lately also both being involved in the recovery of the casualty rescue earlier in jan at owls head. We searched for a while and heard the sound of our sar radio reporting sighting buy rcmp helicopter, the guys walking out. What a relief! Finally a good story to report! We are so pleased for the quick effort of the rcmp and sar. The rcmp chopper picked these guys up and brought them to the cabin. Guys, this is a story with a good ending for a change, thank god!
Hats off for the quick response of the rescue team and the rcmp heli team that found them so quickly! Oh! Did i say 2 and a half feet of pow,... Sorry, its all tracked up.... Ride safe people!

good to hear..... Glad there's a good story coming outta them thar hills these days...........

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the happy ending story, haven't had enough of those this winter.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
thanks for the happy ending story, haven't had enough of those this winter.

Just found out that X2 doesn't work; message must be longer than 10 characters.

It is true that we haven't had very many happy stories this season and we have been on pins and needles all winter but this is a happy story.

Everything worked well. Cheers.....:beer:

Top Bottom