Sicamous Guides Feb 2nd-4th?

braapin

Reaction score
Four of us will be heading up from Sandpoint, ID. to ride Sicamous on February 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on the best places to go, and if anybody would be willing to show us around. We are all pretty good riders - 3 pros and 1 dragon. I have been looking at the Sled Sicamous website and it looks like there are four main areas to go. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome to CANADA EH!!!! its a-boot time you came to the great white north lol!! but all joking aside, if i were you guys id check out owlshead and blue lake first. there both great riding areas with cabins at both areas. eagle pass is a great place to ride but there isnt a cabin and i would try to find a guide to show you around cause its pertty big country back there. i have never rode queest before but have been told that you "need to know where you're going" to find the good stuff up there. and remember that revelstoke is only an hour away too so theres lots of places to ride either way! you guys will be riding on the 2nd?? im lookin to ride that day aswell i dont know the areas very well but if ya dont mind a tag along id come out with you guys. shoot me a msg and let me know!
Matt!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You should try and get ahold of rene st.onge(i dare ya rene, on the site here), as he is a professional guide, and he is partners in eagle valley lodge........... P.S. you're gonna like it up here :)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You started looking in the right place. The Sled Sicamous site also has update hi res maps that you can download and print off.

BlueLake is 10 mins outside of town. Offers a easy ride into a large riding area. From the cabin you can go up the training hills to large meadows, go behind the cabin down to the lake and from there a little more advanced terrain. The staging area can be a pain if its busy, but its been pretty quiet out there. Trail fee collectors should have the new maps as well. Snow was deep this past weekend.

Owl's Head is pretty much staging right in town. Snow isn't super deep up there yet. Better later in the season. From the cabin follow the way back to Skinny Ridge, over to many other riding areas, up to the lookout, down to the lake, back up again.

Queest from the cabin, up the hill to the top, over to the lookout, down to the sadle, across the sidehill, up the hill and down to the lake. There is also a small lake down and left of the cabin. A few play areas before the cabin. Snow up there so far is okay, doesn't seem to be as much as the other side of the hiway though.

BC_BC

Reaction score
heres a little teaser of what you boys are in for, epic riding conditions out in sicamous last weekend...

[video]http://komunity.com/videos.asp?videoID=2295[/video]

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a little teaser of what you boys are in for, epic riding conditions out in sicamous last weekend...[video]http://komunity.com/videos.asp?videoID=2295[/video]
What day was that? Just wondering so I can start kicking myself for not driving further west. Would have been nice to ride in clear conditions.

Top Bottom