Show off your kids and fur-babies!

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats!
Just a FYI
If you have a 5 gallon pail laying around! Fill it half with cash and the other with food then drive to the dump and toss...... Just so you get in-tune with throwing away both on a regular basis!
PS
Sleep when he does and don't be afraid to kick people out of house so you or your wife can sleep! You'll thank me in 6 months!

Both very valid points!! Haha
But seriously nap when he naps !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My babies

Attachments

• IMG_3672.jpg
    IMG_3672.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 311

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW both are big danes. Emma was about 82lbs but she also lost about 5-10lbs getting spayed and stomach tack done just recently so she took awhile to recover. Still she is only just over 90lbs at this point.

Love Danes, just giant babies.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW both are big danes. Emma was about 82lbs but she also lost about 5-10lbs getting spayed and stomach tack done just recently so she took awhile to recover. Still she is only just over 90lbs at this point.

Love Danes, just giant babies.

Elmo is a rescue from Ontario. After he arrived and I commented on his size, they told me that his dad was 220 pounds and he was the biggest puppy they had ever had... Yikes!! He is easier to train and mostly more well behaved than "normal" danes. If you watched him in our house and yard, you would never know he is blind or deaf. He is entering his teenage phase tho and has lots of energy for finding new things to explore with his nose and mouth. We knew Dixie would be big as she is bread from Euro lines: Mom is 160lbs and dad is 180lbs. Dixie has recently been diagnosed with Hypertrophic OsteoDystrophy. Basically her bones are growing so fast they are breaking just above her growth plates. There is no cure except to manage her pain until the growth plates close, so life with the two dane puppies has gotten very interesting :) Wouldn't change it for the world. They are such gentle giants. Great Danes are like potato chips: you can never have just one :)

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elmo is a rescue from Ontario. After he arrived and I commented on his size, they told me that his dad was 220 pounds and he was the biggest puppy they had ever had... Yikes!! He is easier to train and mostly more well behaved than "normal" danes. If you watched him in our house and yard, you would never know he is blind or deaf. He is entering his teenage phase tho and has lots of energy for finding new things to explore with his nose and mouth. We knew Dixie would be big as she is bread from Euro lines: Mom is 160lbs and dad is 180lbs. Dixie has recently been diagnosed with Hypertrophic OsteoDystrophy. Basically her bones are growing so fast they are breaking just above her growth plates. There is no cure except to manage her pain until the growth plates close, so life with the two dane puppies has gotten very interesting :) Wouldn't change it for the world. They are such gentle giants. Great Danes are like potato chips: you can never have just one :)

220 pounds is one massive pooch! A few years back my parent's had an Irish Wolfhound that was about 175 pounds and she was one massive dog, they now have a Wolfhound puppy the same age as Emma and about 10lbs heavier right now. Emma's mom was only about 135 and her dad was around 170 so she isn't going to be massive for sure. Really so tough to see when they have the growth issues like that, happens to so many unfortunately and not much you can do but help with the pain. Elmo looks like one happy puppy overcoming being blind and deaf. Love the potato chip analogy, so true. Amazing how such a large animal can be so gentle. Emma plays with the 2 year old girl next door and is so nice and gentle with her, they could play for hours together.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 at the park. Mastiff/Shepard mix. Rescues there brother and sister gonna b 4 this summer

I like Mastif mixes. My friends have a Mastif/Rottie mix and it's also a very cool dog. ...very similar in appearance to yours.

Top Bottom