Shout Out to Brent Linderman

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give props to Brent Linderman from arctic edge motorsports in pincher creek. I sent him my cylinders on my M8 to be ported and the head to be shaved. I finally got a chance to ride the sled for a few days out in the hills and it f**kin rips! The mid range to top end has so much "tear your arms off" power! The numbers he gave me for the my boondocker box were pretty much spot on for up in the alpine. He answered all my questions without hesitation and his turn around time for the work was also very good. Anyone who has a cat and is looking for someone to do some engine work, I HIGHLY recommend giving Brent a call.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have never ever heard a bad word about the guy. Talked to him a few times on the phone when I was thinking about doing a big bore on my XP. Unreal how straight up he is, yet very respectful of other builders. Super nice guy.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He does a lot more than cat! He's a straight up guy and does solid work! Never had a bad experience with him.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He does a lot more than cat! He's a straight up guy and does solid work! Never had a bad experience with him.

Haha I thought he probably does but wasn't sure.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking maybe a holdover '14 M8 with a Linderman 800 would be an awesome new sled. Or maybe a Linderman 925........

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I could take some lessons from him how to rebuild an engine. Have several sleds (some of them here, some back in Europe), most of them need to be rebuilt sooner or later.
Do you know if he give some sort of lessons?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I could take some lessons from him how to rebuild an engine. Have several sleds (some of them here, some back in Europe), most of them need to be rebuilt sooner or later.
Do you know if he give some sort of lessons?

I'd guess no. The magic isn't in removing and reinstalling the individual parts; it's in the difference in the parts between when they come out and when they go back in.:p

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think he would have the time to get that involved with training a guy that just wants to be competent in putting his engine together and doing maintenance. That being said there is a lot of members on here that have experience doing the bulk of mods themselves that may help you along the way with payment in beer or something. That being said you can't beat a linderman built engine and the customer support that goes along with it.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had Linderman do a top an bottom end rebuild with case and jug porting rave mods and a few other things on an 860 doo engine. His work was top quality, quick and he is a good person to deal with. I would recommend him to others and use him again myself

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talk to and deal with Brent alot, his wealth of knowledge of all brands is amazing, and his service and craftsmanship is second to none. best Mod guy around by far

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talk to and deal with Brent alot, his wealth of knowledge of all brands is amazing, and his service and craftsmanship is second to none. best Mod guy around by far

Yeah I just called him up one day and told him I had a 08 M8 with a slp pipe kit and I need more but without resorting to boost lol. and he said "I think I have a solution for you." Told me his plans for me and I hung up the phone and started taking my engine apart lol. Really stand up guy and great to talk to.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think he would have the time to get that involved with training a guy that just wants to be competent in putting his engine together and doing maintenance. That being said there is a lot of members on here that have experience doing the bulk of mods themselves that may help you along the way with payment in beer or something. That being said you can't beat a linderman built engine and the customer support that goes along with it.

You are right I can't beat him, neither I want to. Everything I want, is learn how to rebuild engine. Talked to CVT guys at Edmonton Show they say don't even try. Just wondering why?
Do I need any special knowledge before taking my engine apart? I am not a mechanic, but want to learn more about engines.
Do any of you done rebuilding by yourself, without any experience?
Thanks for any input

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right I can't beat him, neither I want to. Everything I want, is learn how to rebuild engine. Talked to CVT guys at Edmonton Show they say don't even try. Just wondering why?
Do I need any special knowledge before taking my engine apart? I am not a mechanic, but want to learn more about engines.
Do any of you done rebuilding by yourself, without any experience?
Thanks for any input
Rebuilding 2 strokes is about as simple as it gets. I recommend you buy a factory manual for the sled you want to work on and go to it. Take your time and bag and label the parts as they come off, that can make a world of difference. As said earlier I'm sure someone on here would be willing to help for a little time in the shop and some cold ones.

Top Bottom