Shourt out to zac's tracs ast1 course in lloydminster nov25,2012... Excellent !!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally would like to thank Lori and the loyal crew for coming out in the chilly -20-ish weather to set up the AST1 course at the Blackfoot Community hall this past Sunday.... I attended the Avalanche awareness course at Martins Motorsports, then decided to go ahead and continue with the AST1 and indoor rescue... WOW THE STUFF YOU LEARN!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe the amount of knowledge and wisdom that this crew had to share, and how personal it ended up being... The videos and "hands on" learning was a great eye opener to the dangers in the back-country!!!! I left feeling that the 13 hours I spend with the Zac's Tracs crew was TOTALLY worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! And plan on doing the Field Course in Valemount as soon as I can plan my trip!!!!!!!!

Also, the Indoor rescue workshop, totally worth it if you want a little bit more info on your beacon, prop and shovel technique.... It will help out a lot when it comes to the field course and in general being out in the back-country!!!

I no longer feel AS nervous as I previously was about the back-country riding scene... I'm not going to say I'm totally confident (if you end up thinking that way, you drop your guard on the Gorillas wearing pink Bikinis, right Lori ;) ), but I have more knowlege that is going to ensure I have a head start IF/WHEN something happens....

Also thanks to Rec-Tec and Crystal Baillie for hosting the event!!!!!!!!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and see you out there!!!!!!!!!

P.S- Hope you don't mind if I stole some pics from Facebook Zac's Tracs....;)

Attachments

• AST1.jpg
    AST1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Hard Breathing.jpg
    Hard Breathing.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Rescue Workshop.jpg
    Rescue Workshop.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Speed Assembly.jpg
    Speed Assembly.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 85

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet it was good. I've completed my Ast 1 class and field before and took the class again and still picked up so new info. Well worth the effort to take these courses.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I don,t know what Batteries she runs on but Lori must use the Pink Bunny one,s. Great coarse and well taught. The girls showed us how to have a healthy respect for the mountains but not to be afraid of them.The Mountains are just a stationary hard rock, any problems are pretty much your fault. So use your Head.

Top Bottom