Should I sell my truck ??

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My truck is pretty much my dream truck, but I'm just thinking I should downsize and get an '06 CCSB GM and save myself about $25k from being tied up in the truck.

I like the 3/4 for having a deck on it, but I could easily get away with a 1/2.

Next is, what should I advertise it for? I had a few ads out before for about $48k and some interest on it, but I didn't really want to sell it then, and with the dollar at par everyone was getting their trucks from the US. Now the truck has 70k km on it and drives like new. Tons of upgrades including cognito lift and front end, MKW wheels, built trans, EFI Live, intake, exhaust, etc. I was kind of thinking about 42 and I'd let it go, there are still lots of bone stock trucks advertising for that. I know, you don't get any money back from upgrades, so what would be a fair price? I did a search and theres trucks like it in Red Deer advertised for $59k!! haha, and no tranny upgrade.

Link to the ad I had on here a while ago:

Thoughts?

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 45

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truck looks awsome!!!I think you would regret selling it if you did, you know is service history and have faith in it's realiablity. That is a non emissions engine to boot.
Merry X-mas

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either your truck is huge or your Bull mastif is only a year old.That truck looks sweet.Gotta love the silver,same color as mine.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's a nice truck.If its not hurting you finacially I'd say "keep it"

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that would be a great Christmas present for you to give to me.:d Just kidding, as others have said, I think that you may not be happy with a half-ton after having the big diesel. Unless you need to free up some money for other uses, I would hang onto the 3/4 ton.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig, you would sell it only to regret it and have to it again and it would cost you way more to deck it out. Season's greetings. :chevy:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either your truck is huge or your Bull mastif is only a year old.That truck looks sweet.Gotta love the silver,same color as mine.

Yah he's about 10 mos in that pic.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I think I'll throw a few free ads out and see what happens.

Switch - I bought the truck from a guy in the states who did all the work to it, then sold it to me to free up some cash. Now he's built almost exactly the same truck back up....maybe that should answer my question....:beer:

VintageDOO

Reaction score
Keep the truck, your already talking yourself out of it. The last guy already took a sh*t kicking on your truck(deppreciation). With the 1/2 ton you will loose the required suspension to carry toys around and the diesel power, just my 2 cents.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same debate... and today i'm also leaning on keeping the 3/4 ton. mines a little older so I would be looking to get into a newer 1/2 ton for equal... I think i'm going to enjoy my truck... maybe you should to.

Then again, if you can free up some $$ and you need it for your house or something only you can set your priorities.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing that you have to remember is... if you go to a 1/2 ton you can only put one sled on it if you go to BC.They are very strict there with sled decks,campers ect.So I would keep the 3/4 ton...Cheers!

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK!! Tailgate lock, Command start, and hopefully some HID action coming up soon!

Top Bottom