Should I buy a 2009 Dragon 163???

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I'm seriously thinking about buying a new 2009 dragon 163(last years stock,with all the updates,yada yada) Any of you out there who ride the rmk 800 willing to share your experiences? I've always been a polaris guy but with all this new technology available I find myself tempted by the other guys. Thanx

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I SNOWCHECKED A 2009 800 DRAGON AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AND IT rides great, could have bought someone else but alway been poo , I think i am going to turbo it

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I'm seriously thinking about buying a new 2009 dragon 163(last years stock,with all the updates,yada yada) Any of you out there who ride the rmk 800 willing to share your experiences? I've always been a polaris guy but with all this new technology available I find myself tempted by the other guys. Thanx

couple of buds did the same and bought 2 new 09 and had updates done (just got sleds in oct) they are real happy with them and got em for a great price!!! i took one for a rip and the dragon felt pretty good..not bad for bein a doo guy and all hahaha cheers:beer:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go for the holdover 09 with the updates.I too snow checked a 09 D800/155 and have had no problems .They are fun sleds to ride and are very easy to flick around.I had the update done on mine but have not been out on it yet.You will get full warranty so there is really no worries other than the engine and that is covered

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Some guys have bought the old stock, got the engine updates, and have been in the shop 3-4 times because the pistons keep letting go or the heads have still gone. Then they get it remapped and are back in the shop the same week. Now that sucks and that's what stopped me from buying a late model polaris.

They really need to fix these engines!

Chavez

Reaction score
I have an 09 Dragon 155 and can't say enough good things about it. It's in the shop for the rebuild now and can't wait to try it out. I have never had a Polaris let me down yet.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The sled is only as good as the dealer your buying it from :),remember that. I picked one up last fall. Went from a '01 rmk to the big D :d:d It had a mid range studder after the second ride. Went in and had the reflash done..problem solve. I also put a wheel kit on it to save the sliders. Put 357 miles (18 hrs on engine) on it last year and I had the top end update done last week. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but very eager to do so when it warms up.

crowsfeet

Reaction score
oh and hows the snow above ya there get any new?? heard cabin base was about 5 ft :beer::beer:

haven't been up yet myself,but i received an update reporting about four feet at the chalet. we really could use more than that and apparently it's coming this week(fingers crossed)

Top Bottom