shortest ride ever

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my shortest ride... drove 6 hours to blue river... unload warm up sleds take off form the holly smoke get 11 miles and my cousin's dragon dies... he drove so that was it he was pissed off and we left the nexted morning... tried to get him to rent one for the rest time but he was pissed right off... what a bummer

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove 12hrs to revy two years ago got 6km up boulder and my 03 800 RMK Blows up, this was the first day of a 6 day trip, so we go to the sled shed rebuild the top end in the trailer, next day we go to Blue lake and boom again. So needless to say I was pissed and went to my bro in laws house in Kelowna then caught a plane home....Worst trip ever.........BUT makes for a good story.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys take longest drive before the shortest ride. No question.

Myself, unload sleds up hellroaring, get 8KM up, buddies sled will only turn right. Limp it back to the truck, drive into cranbrook, get some beers and get the ol girl fixed. Why polaris puts the steering column underneath the motor makes no sense. never mind riveting it to the bulkhead.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know sled tread.but we drove to whitecourt to go quadding.set up i a snowstorm the next day we rode about 2 km before i had to get towed back..the nut that holds the clutch on backed off ..the ride / drive factor really sucked that weekend:rant:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2,, ohh actually 3

Drove to Golden 3.5hours, buddies ski doo made it up the deck but didnt start at the staging area... we pull it off and try for an hour to get it running then blows up 1km up trail....

Drove to Golden again in -25 weather with open trailer,, facking Doo wont start pulling and pulling Im getting a bit tired and pizzed (was very hung, day after x mas party in Banff) my buddy comes over and rips the re-coil right off the sled,,, no fixy on the hill to cold to pull from clutch we tried bye bye

this one is good,,, snowing so hard cutting through 2-3feet of fresh on 22x last spring couldnt see nothing Duramax gets so much snow in filter truck goes into limp mode, no tools sled in back of truck I am alone so I turn around and limp back to a gas station un plug filter and say fugg got home total 5.5 hours didnt even get the oppurtunity to sled....

I love sled n:beer:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride the 50k hell trail into Silent Pass...blue bird, few feet of POWDER...makin's for the best day of the season. We get to the lake...first 5 minutes in and makin' a pull up a small hill. Hubby hits a bucked off little tree under the snow, it goes through the hole in the track and rips it clear off!!! :eek:
I go to see WTF???.....and devastated our ride's over I head off to find our buddy who is rippin' it up 'somewhere' as he hasn't ridden forever...

Toughest decision ever...do I go find buddy and end our potentially wicked day or do I play dumb, can't find buddy, and ride for awhile cuz hubby ain't goin' nowhere???
Hmmm....bad wife....:rolleyes:

Needless to say the ride out was a heck of alot worse than the ride in...:(

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled up to the parking lot with 2.5 ft of fresh, bluebird day not a cloud in the sky, and the ONLY ONES THERE!!! unloaded one sled, pulled cord on second sled to unload, drove it off the trailer and let it warm up in the parking lot, it blew a bearing right there! Pulled it back onto the trailer and drove to shop to fix. Cried as we were leaving parking lot as I watched the untouched powder fade away in the rear view mirror...:crying3:

Last year in April, fixed my steering post for the 2nd time, 3 of us drove to Quartz from Calgary in the morning, unloaded and got 5 kms up trail, steering post was loose again (managed to make it the rest of the day but had to be real careful with it) beautiful day, 1 ft fresh and perfect sunny. At 9 kms up the trail, my buddies 800 blew up. 3 riders on 2 sleds (one with shaky steering post). Still had a good day but it could have been better.

ShawnMcgr can tell you about the 3rd time I broke my steering post..... GOT rope steering Colin?? LOL

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New years this year Albertaboy flew in from Toronto landed in Edmonton then drove out to Mcbride. Unloaded in Lucille parking lot first ride on new motor 6km up trail motor goes boom. Ended up renting a rmk 800 for the week and walked back to Toronto

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
New years this year Albertaboy flew in from Toronto landed in Edmonton then drove out to Mcbride. Unloaded in Lucille parking lot first ride on new motor 6km up trail motor goes boom. Ended up renting a rmk 800 for the week and walked back to Toronto

Yup... I believe that I will take this title!!! 6 km up the trail might have even been a stretch!

I travelled OVER 4000 KM to get to the mountains... new 827 Big bore, seat, pipe, clutch, shocks, reeds, some bling etc... I was pumped to ride and BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! It was all over before she began!

Got her put back together for my next 4000 km journey and she ran awesome... very expensive trip though!

Robins

Reaction score
I made it a little farther, but still a short trip in and it made for a long day. Drove all night to Vailmount, fueled up and headed to Allan Creek for the first days riding. Got all the way back to the hillclimb and two buddies take a poke at the hill, my turn comes and I pin it, move about 2' and and stop. Chain snapped and blew a hole in the case.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove 19hrs to Fairview Utah for the shootout a few years back. Made a few passes on practice day and took the turbo out on the Apex. Long ride home I tell ya!

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last oct I drove to milo to pick up my 07 summit brough her home to look at for a month, then in the begining of nov I went to swann hills and rode about 15miles into the bush............I hit a hole and bent the tunnel and bulkhead $8600 for sled $6300 insurence job, milo and back, swann hills and back, specialtys and back twice= A hole lot of gas burnt!

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup... I believe that I will take this title!!! 6 km up the trail might have even been a stretch!

I travelled OVER 4000 KM to get to the mountains... new 827 Big bore, seat, pipe, clutch, shocks, reeds, some bling etc... I was pumped to ride and BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! It was all over before she began!

Got her put back together for my next 4000 km journey and she ran awesome... very expensive trip though!

Dude your alive Farmer was already to comfort the wife, you going to make for the nov thanksgiving ride?:beer::d

Philster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pitbulll.webs.com

I feel Your pain just from the sound in Your post.:d:d

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
started sledding in whitecourt one day rode 3 km up the athabaska river sunk my sled , did a little swimming and a little walking , next day went back up the river to do some fishing lol

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove 12hrs to revy two years ago got 6km up boulder and my 03 800 RMK Blows up, this was the first day of a 6 day trip, so we go to the sled shed rebuild the top end in the trailer, next day we go to Blue lake and boom again. So needless to say I was pissed and went to my bro in laws house in Kelowna then caught a plane home....Worst trip ever.........BUT makes for a good story.

Hey scuba how is the new 5th wheel finally sold mine 3 weeks ago.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey scuba maybe that is a sign that you should be riding a ski-doo my friend. See you soon when is the first trip for you guys to Revy

farmer rob

Reaction score
shortest ride i have ever had was i started the sled let it warm up drove to the end of my driveway and across the corn feild.. and back to wards the house... and i got my 800 up in a catwalk and the tunnel folded/broke in half!. my sled snapping in half catwalkin 5 feet in the air at 90km/h my face smoked the handle bars and i got out of it in the end with a smshed sled and a broken jaw

it sucked!

Top Bottom