Shorter Riser?

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock riser on my wife's 2015 Summit X is too tall (she says she's 5'6" but is really 5'3" or 4" at the most), anyway, she needs it to be at least 2" shorter. Thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but after checking with 2 dealerships, not having my much luck. They don't sell a riser shorter than the stock one (at just over 5") and the adjustable ones are the same minimum height. So thought we could just switch out to a set of flat bars off a 2016, but as engineers are wont to do, they're a different diameter and won't work with the stock riser - and same issue at the bottom if changing out both the riser and bars.

Any suggestions?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The stock riser on my wife's 2015 Summit X is too tall (she says she's 5'6" but is really 5'3" or 4" at the most), anyway, she needs it to be at least 2" shorter. Thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but after checking with 2 dealerships, not having my much luck. They don't sell a riser shorter than the stock one (at just over 5") and the adjustable ones are the same minimum height. So thought we could just switch out to a set of flat bars off a 2016, but as engineers are wont to do, they're a different diameter and won't work with the stock riser - and same issue at the bottom if changing out both the riser and bars.

Any suggestions?
Step one, avoid the dealership. Go to a aftermarket shop, they will offer different brands of products other then "BRP". I have protaper bars on my one sled. And run a powermad riser. Just have to find your bar diameter and then you can match it. Make sure you get the same diameter, because if you don't your controls on your handlebars may not fit.

• Thanks
Reactions: BEL

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the adjustable riser doo sells

I'm sure it goes lower than stock and higher than stock

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Any suggestions?

I have a set of FLY 3inch risers if you would like. lightly used. there is a small hole drilled in the side of them from a custom mount I built to hold the reverse witch down low. If your interested give me a shout. i should mention... they are a gift from me to you... let me know.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'6" and went down from my 8" factory riser to an CFR 4" and CFR boondocker 2.0 with 2" riser. I posted about it in the xm forum

you can get even shorter risers from CFR

Last edited:

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way better control, I run crf 3" riser with the boondocker 2.0 bars which are 2" rise. Total 3" shorter then stock.

• Thanks
Reactions: BEL

Green1trailguy

Reaction score
Which style of post does it have? Flat or T? Check out Powermadd. They have them for both styles n 2" increments. If you have the T style, avoid the RSI risers. I just put a set on my sled and stripped the main bolt on the one side. They are poorly designed, and really expensive, and if you lose the inserts, you'll have to cut them off your column, but boy are they pretty! I have a Powermadd ordered now. Two thumbs down for RSI :(

Top Bottom